Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
As usual, you get 1/2 of it right, and that is being generous.

Martin went to a blue blood, couldn't cut it there and so is going to a program where his talent level might have a chance to see the field more. Happens all the time. i.e. He took a step or two down to Iowa because he wasn't as good as people thought. Not really that hard to understand and contrary to how all hoks think, it is not the fact he is going to Iowa that drives the analysis. Iowa isn't the center for the CFB world and I am not sure you can even see it from there. It is the fact he is a player from the state that didn't make it at his original stop that drives the story.

Keep going though, you'll get one of your guesses right. You certainly make enough of them.

Where did you see the report he left because he was not good enough to be at Michigan because I have seen that he was slated to play and no reason for his departure.......

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
He had better stats in 1 year of PT that Pettway did in his first 2 years of PT at Arkansas. Good thing Pettway was the number 1 last year so he could get some stats.

So you are saying ISU picked up a receiver that improved and Iowa didn't? Who's side are you on, anyway?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
OK Buddy. Makes so much sense now because he'd be the only one this excited about landing a transfer nobody else wanted

Source of that info would be great. It was reported otherwise by Howe, who you guys hate

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Where did you see the report he left because he was not good enough to be at Michigan because I have seen that he was slated to play and no reason for his departure.......

The report that he couldn't play at Michigan is that he DIDN"T play at Michigan you dimwit? They are called sta-tis-tics

Flushing this overripe turd.

• Funny
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Isn't it a bit skeptical that he all of a sudden left and he hadn't played much? You don't think this has anything to do with him not playing?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So you are saying ISU picked up a receiver that improved and Iowa didn't? Who's side are you on, anyway?

A number 1 wr that had 30 catches. Not sure why they needed him with what they have recruited with guys getting offers by Bama and LSU

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
The report that he couldn't play at Michigan is that he DIDN"T play at Michigan you dimwit? They are called sta-tis-tics

Flushing this overripe turd.

He did play at Michigan and was reported to be starting X receiver in their system....

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Isn't it a bit skeptical that he all of a sudden left and he hadn't played much? You don't think this has anything to do with him not playing?
Skeptical sure, but that was not the reason. Easy for me to say Pettway is needed because the current WRs were not going to cut it at ISU..... skeptical remarks make things messy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A number 1 wr that had 30 catches. Not sure why they needed him with what they have recruited with guys getting offers by Bama and LSU
Look, this might be hard to comprehend, but you get as much talent as you can on a team, and then they battle it out. That's how recruiting works.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Look, this might be hard to comprehend, but you get as much talent as you can on a team, and then they battle it out. That's how recruiting works.
I agree, but just trying to see the narrative here is crazy confusing in cyclone land.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Skeptical sure, but that was not the reason. Easy for me to say Pettway is needed because the current WRs were not going to cut it at ISU..... skeptical remarks make things messy
You don't know the reason either! He's declined to come out and say anything yet! And absolutely Pettway is here to help ease the transition for the younger inexperienced guys.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Source of that info would be great. It was reported otherwise by Howe, who you guys hate

My source who told me about Nixon and Evelyn before Howe had even heard his name. He said Martin reached out to two schools and only one returned his message and nobody else reached out to him

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree, but just trying to see the narrative here is crazy confusing in cyclone land.
It's your choice to be here dude. I'm not the one in a rival team's threads getting into it with them.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The fact that Thinker is trying to compare statistics between a player on a 10-2 team and a player on a 2-10 tells me everything I need to know regarding his critical thinking skills....

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Unless they go to Iowa, when they sign at EIU, the angels sing, the ghost of Nile Kinnick rides by and they immediately become All American material. Because, well, they are going to Iowa.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Unless they go to Iowa, when they sign at EIU, the angels sing, the ghost of Nile Kinnick rides by and they immediately become All American material. Because, well, they are going to Iowa.
Again, I go back to my point I believe I made yesterday, Iowa fans are finding it hard to get over the fact that Iowa State is good and relevant in football.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Again, I go back to my point I believe I made yesterday, Iowa fans are finding it hard to get over the fact that Iowa State is good and relevant in football.

Case in point

I dont think I will ever understand why ISU fans bag on Iowa for football.

The last good team you had was....... what........ 8 years ago now?

Iowa needs ISU to be good and they just arent. Just wait until Campbell wins a few games he shouldnt and leaves for a better program. It will happen and ISU fans know this. There is no way ISU will ever sustain success in football due to the fact that Iowa is the cash cow of the state. If Iowa and ISU end the series it only benefits Iowa. ISU would be lost.

Now Iowa is not perfect either. They do some pretty dumb stuff IMO but they also have won divisions and conference titles. I guess a National title in the 50s?

ISU fans also need to stop with the division 2 school beating Iowa stuff, not because it bothers me, but because they have lost to those division 2 schools like 4 times in a row!

I mean 4 times in a row is not bad, but ISU would be like 6-6 in that division of football, below UNI and NDSU and SD and SDSU and Illinois State.........

But by all means bad mouth on the Hawkeyes because Colin Cowherd makes fun of their schedule.... that ISU is on..... because it is a weak schedule..... because ISU is on it.......

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City
ISU fans should be bummed about Iowa getting this guy back in Iowa City. It's not like we've needed a high-profile WR recruit to win that game for four years in a row, and now we've got one anyways. What you should be worried about now is how you're going to rush our passer when we'll have two experienced, high-round offensive tackles protecting him all year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
ISU fans should be bummed about Iowa getting this guy back in Iowa City. It's not like we've needed a high-profile WR recruit to win that game for four years in a row, and now we've got one anyways. What you should be worried about now is how you're going to rush our passer when we'll have two experienced, high-round offensive tackles protecting him all year.
We'll be rushing Iowa's QB with the #1 defensive line in the Big 12.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron