Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Plus it's well documented within the Tavern Hawk trailer court that recruiting rankings are meaningless...
Sometimes guys don't pan out, but there usually is a reason those big name schools are looking at them.. We have some talented guys on the roster right now and people should be excited to see them step up in a big way.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Because you just do not replace NFL wrs at a school like ISU year in and year out. Hell you do not do it at Iowa with the TE position either even though we have guys coming in that were highly regarded.
Hakeem Butler wasn't some highly touted HS wide receiver. He flew under the radar big time and worked himself into the position he is now in. Hakeem also put up double the stats this past year than his sophomore year, which shows his increase. I bet no Hawkeye fan thought for one second Hakeem would've been drafted two years ago, not one. There are guys we have that we will have play this year that were offered by the blue bloods and we ended up getting, but apparently we're ISU so they're probably actually bad.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I guy that left I should say. why where all of their stats similar to ISM and Smith if they are so much better?

We had more than one guy that left and we didn't play a Big Ten West schedule but even then Jones and Milton's numbers were way better

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I guy that left I should say. why where all of their stats similar to ISM and Smith if they are so much better?
Because we had a third string quarterback playing for 25% of the season... Hakeem Butler was one of the only guys targeted early on because Zeb Noland couldn't read the defense and just threw it up to him most times.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I type great team, you do the literal thing, which this board has a tendency to do, and say great year. so, you do you

Or you moved the goal posts like you generally do.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Jones and Milton combined for 77 and 783 playing a legit schedule. The two Iowa guys combined for 51 and 722 playing a Big Ten West schedule

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Hakeem Butler wasn't some highly touted HS wide receiver. He flew under the radar big time and worked himself into the position he is now in. Hakeem also put up double the stats this past year than his sophomore year, which shows his increase. I bet no Hawkeye fan thought for one second Hakeem would've been drafted two years ago, not one. There are guys we have that we will have play this year that were offered by the blue bloods and we ended up getting, but apparently we're ISU so they're probably actually bad.

I thought Butler was better than Lazard his soph. year. My Friends as hawk fans did too. We told each other Butler is an NFL talent. I said at the beginning of last year he will leave early for the NFL. Iowa has guys offered by blue bloods too, but that does not matter with regards to them having played. Oliver Martin for 1, was offered and played at a blue blood and is considered a meh pick up because we are Iowa. That is how this website works for some reason.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Jones and Milton combined for 77 and 783 playing a legit schedule. The two Iowa guys combined for 51 and 722 playing a Big Ten West schedule

Athlon states that Big 12 had a bad rep for defense outside of ISU. SO I am not seeing how that is relevant to schedule. and Jones and Milton compared to Smith and ISM do not look all that different.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I thought Butler was better than Lazard his soph. year. My Friends as hawk fans did too. We told each other Butler is an NFL talent. I said at the beginning of last year he will leave early for the NFL. Iowa has guys offered by blue bloods too, but that does not matter with regards to them having played. Oliver Martin for 1, was offered and played at a blue blood and is considered a meh pick up because we are Iowa. That is how this website works for some reason.

Lol I guarantee under your old user name you weren't speaking highly of Butler and I no way you weren't talking about how big of a loss Lazard would be after he graduated

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't recall saying you were the only one that did. Why are you so stupid?

This is his intelligence level

I dont think I will ever understand why ISU fans bag on Iowa for football.

The last good team you had was....... what........ 8 years ago now?

Iowa needs ISU to be good and they just arent. Just wait until Campbell wins a few games he shouldnt and leaves for a better program. It will happen and ISU fans know this. There is no way ISU will ever sustain success in football due to the fact that Iowa is the cash cow of the state. If Iowa and ISU end the series it only benefits Iowa. ISU would be lost.

Now Iowa is not perfect either. They do some pretty dumb stuff IMO but they also have won divisions and conference titles. I guess a National title in the 50s?

ISU fans also need to stop with the division 2 school beating Iowa stuff, not because it bothers me, but because they have lost to those division 2 schools like 4 times in a row!

I mean 4 times in a row is not bad, but ISU would be like 6-6 in that division of football, below UNI and NDSU and SD and SDSU and Illinois State.........

But by all means bad mouth on the Hawkeyes because Colin Cowherd makes fun of their schedule.... that ISU is on..... because it is a weak schedule..... because ISU is on it.......

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Oliver Martin didn't play at a blue blood though.. That's where that argument is coming from. He also didn't want to go to Iowa in the first place but he knows he can play there. The guys that we got which were highly ranked were recruited in and committed to us from the get go, and are already in the system and ready to go.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
This is his intelligence level
Lol, you must have pissed me off and to go back and find something I posted about ISU a year ago is hilarious to me. Thanks for taking all that time to look it up. I believe that was referencing you saying things after the 2017 season. Not sure though.

• Dumb
Reactions: inCyteful and JP4CY

Help Support Us

Become a patron