Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I give the same reasons as ISU fans with regards to upside of current players and transfers replacing NFL guys. Which obviously is not good enough because only ISU can improve and have better recruits.

Milton and Jones are both better than any WR Iowa has returning and we brought in a big time grad transfer. Those are facts. You're stating really bad opinions like they are facts which is dumb

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
The gap in SOS between Iowa and Iowa State since the Big 12 has gone to a round robin schedule has been so significant it's not due to one game

I can agree on that, but the Big ten is improving. Big 12, ISU has improved, Baylor, TCU, Tech have regressed.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
“There are usually 4-5 secondary pieces not just 2.”

Oh so a team has to return all 4-5 full time starters to be in good shape.

Got it.

Now please find me one team in the country where that is the case.

I said they have to replace starters, yes every team does, but that is a question mark for ISU when they replace all conference players. Not sure why it wouldnt be.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I can agree on that, but the Big ten is improving. Big 12, ISU has improved, Baylor, TCU, Tech have regressed.

The Big Ten is improving? How so? Michigan St has regressed and the thought is Nebraska has been way worse since Bo left. Fleck sucks too

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So he was all conference DB? did not know that. I thought that was Peavy. I said starters that replace the caliber of players that left.
Braxton Lewis was the starting safety along with Greg Eisworth. Braxton Lewis had the most interceptions on the team. The safety position is not a question mark for us. The CB look is where we will have youth at next year, but even the guys who will now start played significant minutes last year

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Milton and Jones are both better than any WR Iowa has returning and we brought in a big time grad transfer. Those are facts. You're stating really bad opinions like they are facts which is dumb

Then why does the Athlon national magazine agree with my take? about Recievers and that was before we had a good transfer come in ourselves.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
The Big Ten is improving? How so? Michigan St has regressed and the thought is Nebraska has been way worse since Bo left. Fleck sucks too

Nebraska is going to be better. Probably a better program that Iowa and ISU unfortunately. Fleck does suck, but he has a talented team.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Then why does the Athlon national magazine agree with my take? about Recievers and that was before we had a good transfer come in ourselves.

What did they say? Your WRs have potential? I'm sure they said the exact same thing last year actually

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I said they have to replace starters, yes every team does, but that is a question mark for ISU when they replace all conference players. Not sure why it wouldnt be.
ISU will replace one all conference corner with a pair of all conference caliber sophomores, and a solid DB with several other solid DB’s.

Not complicated.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Braxton Lewis was the starting safety along with Greg Eisworth. Braxton Lewis had the most interceptions on the team. The safety position is not a question mark for us. The CB look is where we will have youth at next year, but even the guys who will now start played significant minutes last year

But do you not replace full time starters in the secondary that were all conference (Peavy)?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nebraska is going to be better. Probably a better program that Iowa and ISU unfortunately. Fleck does suck, but he has a talented team.

Baylor is going to be better but that doesn't matter but now Nebraska is going to be better and the Big Ten is improved. Lol what a take

Minnesota went 3-6 in the Big Ten West last year but they're talented? Jesus

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
ISU will replace one all conference corner with a pair of all conference caliber sophomores, and a solid DB with several other solid DB’s.

Not complicated.

Classic every replacement is all conference caliber, but Iowa cannot have that type of talent

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Baylor is going to be better but that doesn't matter but now Nebraska is going to be better and the Big Ten is improved. Lol what a take

Minnesota went 3-6 in the Big Ten West last year but they're talented? Jesus

See how the spin works. I it incredibly frustrating isnt it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In the recent past, Baylor and TCU have been near OU and OSU at the top. Texas was kind of in the middle. Now ISU and and Texas are at the top with OU, which clearly means TCU and Baylor have to lose to teams like Texas and ISU. TCU and Baylor will now have 7-5 records instead of their 9-3, or 10-2 because teams like us are now beating them. Not necessarily because they're way worse, but because we're way better than we were.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Why do you take like one or two year window and expect a linear trend? Baylor is on the up and TCU will be fine. Tech is kind of hard to get a read on but they do brink back quite a bit on what was an underrated defense.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
But do you not replace full time starters in the secondary that were all conference (Peavy)?
YES but we're not replacing them with guys with 0 experience. That's what people are trying to say. We have guys that have played Big 12 games, even started in some of those games, that are now going to be starting.