Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
It's also hilarious that MSU, Michigan, OSU, and Penn State are on the same side. Talk about a loaded Big Ten East. Imagine if Iowa State had coach Campbell and his teams when we were in the Big 12 North. Sheesh, we'd be like Wisconsin, being in the conference championship game every other year.

All of that is about to change. Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, NW are usually good to having one being great out of the bunch. Nebraska will not be down long. Frost will turn it around and make things more competitive there. Purdue is the wildcard right now. Good coach and some nice recruiting the last few years.

Big west has been mediocre at best, but now each team is improving every year. Illinois is bad, Rutgers is bad, but everyone else is decent right now and it will be a difficult year in the West division.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
That Fake ID thing was taken away by Cowherd after Iowa stomped OSU in 2017. not sure why it is used still, but that is what ISU fans like to say because of the 2015 season when Iowa did not play a great team until the title game.

I don't know if I would call Michigan State "great".

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
How? please do tell because I do not follow them much. Are they about like Purdue will be? or Northwestern, for comparison sake is all I am asking. They could be better than those teams.

I'd say Purdue/Baylor is a fair comparison.

Baylor/Iowa was fair comparison last year - and you will say but, but, but - Iowa beat ISU and ISU beat Baylor. Yes, and ISU played Iowa with Kempt and ISU played Baylor with Purdy - ISU was a much better team when they played Baylor. So yes, I would say Baylor's 7-6 and 5th place finish in the Big XII compared well to Iowa's 9-4, 2nd place finish in a weak B1G west.

Get it now?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Now teams are, ISU was not a program that was good for years, and now they are pretty dang good, so teams are taking you seriously and you can not sneak up on anyone.

Did we sneak up on WV and OSU last year?

Do you sneak up on Oklahoma in Norman?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That Fake ID thing was taken away by Cowherd after Iowa stomped OSU in 2017. not sure why it is used still, but that is what ISU fans like to say because of the 2015 season when Iowa did not play a great team until the title game.
Iowa isn't a fake ID school overall, but the year they went undefeated, there was a big asterisk next to their record. They didn't have to play any good teams out of the B10 East until they played MSU in the title game (Loss) and then got absolutely embarrassed in the Rose Bowl but I'm sure you already knew that.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I'd say Purdue/Baylor is a fair comparison.

Baylor/Iowa was fair comparison last year - and you will say but, but, but - Iowa beat ISU and ISU beat Baylor. Yes, and ISU played Iowa with Kempt and ISU played Baylor with Purdy - ISU was a much better team when they played Baylor. So yes, I would say Baylor's 7-6 and 5th place finish in the Big XII compared well to Iowa's 9-4, 2nd place finish in a weak B1G west.

Get it now?

I would actually compare Iowa and ISU last year as being very similar.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
They are not going to be ranked teams next year, and ISU is, which is why I said that should be some easy wins for ISU. Baylor was BAD years ago, they have been good for what 10-12 years maybe? that is not historic.

Did an Iowa fan really just say if a team isn't ranked it should be an easy win?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
You think the talent that Briles and now Rhule have been able to bring in give a rats *** about the crappy years of Baylor football? Why is everyone obsessed with the idea that history matters.

Well, when your only claim to relevancy on the national stage is playing in Historic Kinnick Stadium, you run with historic.

• Funny
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Yes, clearly ISU did in 2017, everyone in the country was in shock.

Can't have it both ways idget. Then how did we sneak up on WVU and OSU the next year.

Can we get one of the relevant hok fans in here that doesn't just talk in circles. You haven't made a salient, defend-able point in the 100s of post on here lately. You just throw hok-**** against the wall to see what sticks.

• Agree
Reactions: CY88CE11

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
They made the playoffs that year, which would be a great year for any team, would it not?

Judging by their playoff game and Iowa's Rose Bowl, do you think either were great?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They made the playoffs that year, which would be a great year for any team, would it not?
TCU and Baylor both went 12-1 in 2013 I believe, couldn't make the playoff because the B12 didn't have a title game at the time. But you said TCU and Baylor are not relevant.