Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It's two teams from Texas, and a historic football program in KSU. They are not going to just fall off the map in the long run. They all have good football coaches running their programs. Just because we start beating them consistently does not mean they are bad, it's actually more of a testament of the direction of Iowa State.

That only counts when Iowa beats terrible teams like Indiana Purdue Minnesota Illinois.

According to them, that’s the same as playing Oklahoma Texas TCU

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I mean it sort of sounded like you were saying that the reason why ISU is now good and is having success is because teams don't take us seriously..

Now teams are, ISU was not a program that was good for years, and now they are pretty dang good, so teams are taking you seriously and you can not sneak up on anyone.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I still don't see where he called them historic.

Ok, bowl history is regarded as just bowl history. from here on out I think we need to talk in literal terms to avoid confusion, I will try to keep up boys, but not making any guarantees

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Now teams are, ISU was not a program that was good for years, and now they are pretty dang good, so teams are taking you seriously and you can not sneak up on anyone.
I'll agree with that statement but last year we weren't sneaking up on anyone. The year before that... probably a little. But last year, teams knew we were good.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I will try to keep up boys, but not making any guarantees
giphy.gif

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
That only counts when Iowa beats terrible teams like Indiana Purdue Minnesota Illinois.

According to them, that’s the same as playing Oklahoma Texas TCU

You forgot the other teams that are not good in your league that you get to play every year. Texas and Oklahoma are the 2 big boys in the big 12. everyone knows that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ok, bowl history is regarded as just bowl history. from here on out I think we need to talk in literal terms to avoid confusion, I will try to keep up boys, but not making any guarantees
I think I used terms like "the last 10 years" and "recent history" to avoid the confusion but there is obviously a lot going on here so I understand why mixing things up could happen.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You forgot the other teams that are not good in your league that you get to play every year. Texas and Oklahoma are the 2 big boys in the big 12. everyone knows that.

And Michigan Ohio state and penn st run the big ten. No one else matters.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This is such a bad take man... The only consistently bad teams in the Big 12 in recent history have been Iowa State and Kansas. We are now not bad anymore, we are good. Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, TCU, and WVU are all solid almost every single year, OU obviously being the best out of the bunch. Baylor and KSU have been very successful in the past 10 years, with Baylor being very poor for one year.

The Big 10 West has been one of the worst sides of a conference in all of college football. That's inherently why Iowa was talked about being the fake ID of CFB, because the schedule was a cake walk.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Name those teams that are consistently "not good" in the Big 12. Other than Kansas and previously Iowa State I don't think you are going to find a lot of consistently "not good" teams... Baylor, OSU, TCU, K-State, and Tech have all been pretty damn steady/good. Tech has obviously been a little more up and down than the others but never an easy game.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And Michigan Ohio state and penn st run the big ten. No one else matters.
It's also hilarious that MSU, Michigan, OSU, and Penn State are on the same side. Talk about a loaded Big Ten East. Imagine if Iowa State had coach Campbell and his teams when we were in the Big 12 North. Sheesh, we'd be like Wisconsin, being in the conference championship game every other year.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Terrance J

May 10, 2019
Baylor was bad for ONE year in the last 10 years. That's it. And that came after a total upheave of the program because they're scum. They had a Heisman winner in RGIII and a Heisman finalist in Bryce Petty. They were legit and then s**** hit the fan. And I was not claiming Baylor was historic, I was saying KSU is historic.. because they are.
Unfortunately for Baylor, their last good 10 years still doesn't erase all their prior years, where they were the bottom of the barrel. Hard to imagine them ever getting back to the level they were under Briles.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
This is such a bad take man... The only consistently bad teams in the Big 12 in recent history have been Iowa State and Kansas. We are now not bad anymore, we are good. Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, TCU, and WVU are all solid almost every single year, OU obviously being the best out of the bunch. Baylor and KSU have been very successful in the past 10 years, with Baylor being very poor for one year.

The Big 10 West has been one of the worst sides of a conference in all of college football. That's inherently why Iowa was talked about being the fake ID of CFB, because the schedule was a cake walk.

That Fake ID thing was taken away by Cowherd after Iowa stomped OSU in 2017. not sure why it is used still, but that is what ISU fans like to say because of the 2015 season when Iowa did not play a great team until the title game.

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Unfortunately for Baylor, their last good 10 years still doesn't erase all their prior years, where they were the bottom of the barrel. Hard to imagine them ever getting back to the level they were under Briles.
I mean Matt Rhule has already been a pretty darn good recruiter and even got looked at for some head coaching jobs in the NFL. If he stays there they'll be a solid team year in and year out. Not saying they're going to be where they were but they will not be a bad football team by any means.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

You think the talent that Briles and now Rhule have been able to bring in give a rats *** about the crappy years of Baylor football? Why is everyone obsessed with the idea that history matters.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron