Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
With expectations come a target too. There is no more sneaking up on people. They will tske ISU seriously from now on. Hopefully a texas Oklahoma or OSU are not in your way at the end of the year.
If teams didn't take ISU seriously then that's on them. We had the 2nd best defense in the Big 12 and made the Heisman front runner at the time look like a JV quarterback during the WV game. We had the best running back in the nation, one of the best freshman QB's in the nation, and one of the best WR's in the nation.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Someone takes this a little to seriously

No. Just really tired of stupid insecure losers trying to get some sort of validation. I would never go to a hawk site to try to get them to accept Iowa State as equals. and in many cases betters.

You are so worried about Iowa State you came here to try to get validation that somehow Iowa is better. **** off with that ********.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
No. Just really tired of stupid insecure losers trying to get some sort of validation. I would never go to a hawk site to try to get them to accept Iowa State as equals. and in many cases betters.

You are so worried about Iowa State you came here to try to get validation that somehow Iowa is better. **** off with that ********.

historically we are better, next year I think ISU is better. I have said as much in this thread. So why are you so upset I am posting in a thread about a now Iowa player and trying to explain my thinking on a few different topics?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I am not wrong. K State without Snyder will not be what they were, Baylor was mediocre to below average last year, Kansas is Kansas, and Texas Tech is a gimmick team that is mediocre at best. For ISU that is 4 easy wins.

Baylor will be good this year

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Baylor will be good this year

How? please do tell because I do not follow them much. Are they about like Purdue will be? or Northwestern, for comparison sake is all I am asking. They could be better than those teams.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
historically we are better, next year I think ISU is better. I have said as much in this thread. So why are you so upset I am posting in a thread about a now Iowa player and trying to explain my thinking on a few different topics?

Because all your doing is spouting the company line. There is nothing honest, or thoughtful in your ignorance. You are an insecure loser, who has nothing but nostalgia to hold on to. You need to leave.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah because playing texas tech, baylor, kansas, and k state is lethal every year.... that is now an automatic 4 wins.
FWIW, Baylor and Kansas state have made bowl games 8 out of the last 10 years. Baylor also got excluded from the playoff one year because of the set up of the Big 12 at the time and has been ranked in the top 10 numerous times throughout those years. Kansas State has been in the top 10 a couple of times during their run as well. Texas Tech has not been as good as those two teams but has had one of the most prolific offenses in the nation year in and year out. They also had Patrick Mahomes at the helm and although they underperformed as a whole, they could hang 60 points on you like it's nothing. They would be in plenty of games because of their offense. Kansas is Kansas.

The point here is that don't act like those teams (outside of Kansas), are by any means cupcakes. I would gladly play Minnesota, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan10

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I am not wrong. K State without Snyder will not be what they were, Baylor was mediocre to below average last year, Kansas is Kansas, and Texas Tech is a gimmick team that is mediocre at best. For ISU that is 4 easy wins.

You obviously didn't watch Baylor last year then... It sucks that they are close to being back but they will be good this year.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
If teams didn't take ISU seriously then that's on them. We had the 2nd best defense in the Big 12 and made the Heisman front runner at the time look like a JV quarterback during the WV game. We had the best running back in the nation, one of the best freshman QB's in the nation, and one of the best WR's in the nation.

All I am saying is now ISU is being taken seriously, and will and should have a good year. but that is the new expectation. Which is good for ISU and the state to be honest.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Cool. Now that you have expressed all of your ideas, leave.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
FWIW, Baylor and Kansas state have made bowl games 8 out of the last 10 years. Baylor also got excluded from the playoff one year because of the set up of the Big 12 at the time and has been ranked in the top 10 numerous times throughout those years. Kansas State has been in the top 10 a couple of times during their run as well. Texas Tech has not been as good as those two teams but has had one of the most prolific offenses in the nation year in and year out. They also had Patrick Mahomes at the helm and although they underperformed as a whole, they could hang 60 points on you like it's nothing. They would be in plenty of games because of their offense. Kansas is Kansas.

The point here is that don't act like those teams (outside of Kansas), are by any means cupcakes. I would gladly play Minnesota, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana.

But in the future, they are not those team anymore.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You obviously didn't watch Baylor last year then... It sucks that they are close to being back but they will be good this year.

They should fall in a hole IMO, I do not like that program and think they are at PSU level. To bad they are going to continue to be good. I thought they were on the downward trend.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
All I am saying is now ISU is being taken seriously, and will and should have a good year. but that is the new expectation. Which is good for ISU and the state to be honest.
I mean it sort of sounded like you were saying that the reason why ISU is now good and is having success is because teams don't take us seriously..