Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
"The 2019 season sets up an interesting dynamic in the Big Ten West. On paper, the Hawkeyes should be the best and most complete team in the division. However, the schedule isn't kind to coach Kirk Ferentz's program. Iowa plays at Iowa State in non-conference play and has road trips to Michigan, Northwestern, Wisconsin and Nebraska in league play. And if that wasn't enough, Penn State visits Kinnick Stadium a week after the road date at Michigan in 2019. Senior quarterback Nate Stanley (2,852 yards and 26 TDs in 2018) leads the way on offense, with three running backs vying for the starting job and the opportunity to jumpstart a ground game that ranked 10th in the Big Ten last year. Tight ends T.J. Hockenson and Noah Fant must be replaced, but there's potential at receiver with Brandon Smith, Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Tyrone Tracy and Nico Ragaini in place on the outside. The offensive line could be the best unit in the Big Ten. The interior is a little unsettled going into the fall, but tackles Alaric Jackson and Tristan Wirfs will contend for All-America honors. The strength in the trenches extends to the defense. End A.J. Epenesa recorded 10.5 sacks in a limited role last fall and should rank among the top players in the nation with a full workload in 2019. Chauncey Golston is a capable end on the other side, but the Hawkeyes have to identify some depth across the line to keep the starters fresh late in the game. Three starters are back to headline a standout secondary but filling the void left behind by hybrid defensive back/linebacker Amani Hooker won’t be easy."

They have Iowa at 18 and ISU at 24

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He is applying for a waiver, and could get it.

OK? But if he doesn't get it you're losing your best WR, replacing him with nobody noteworthy, your HC has a history struggling to develop that position and it expect it to be better? That seems very optimistic

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Jesus you’re an idiot. Think of the level of loser piece of **** you have to be to be so worthless you have to come here to try to get validation from people you know are better than you.

Enlighten me Garfield, who is better than and and at what? I am curious

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think you guys are respectable, but it is not easy to go 8-4 every year in a P5 conference. So while isu is on the uptick, they certainly could regress to 6-6 just as easily they could go 9-3
Well sure. But when you recruit really well, have a solid culture where players aren't getting suspended left and right and they are buying into what the coach is selling, have a fan base that is incredibly loyal, and don't have a high turnover rate in coordinators, continued success happens easier.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Agreed. Best in the state for sure

Best potential to be the best ever, but he has not done it for longevity quite yet. If he stats 10 years, wins a big 12 title, and goes to the football playoff and wins a game. He will be the best ever

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not really. As some fans have very unrealistic expectations. I think iowa has a real shot at 7-5 this year.
You predicted 8-4 in your previous post and now sound optimistic to go 7-5.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They have Iowa at 18 and ISU at 24
Yeah many different magazines, news papers, articles, etc, have Iowa State and Iowa ranked. Depending on the one, you can find either or higher than the other. I've seen Iowa State as high as 15 and as low as NR. I've seen Iowa as high as 16 and as low as NR.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Well sure. But when you recruit really well, have a solid culture where players aren't getting suspended left and right and they are buying into what the coach is selling, have a fan base that is incredibly loyal, and don't have a high turnover rate in coordinators, continued success happens easier.

With that success the coordinators will soon start to get more attention, and they will leave for an opportunity. ISU and Iowa fan bases are loyal to a fault most of the time. And minimal suspensions have happened at both places recently so i am not sure what you mean there.... unless it was not a dig at iowa and pointing out a good culture for ISU, with which i agree.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Yeah many different magazines, news papers, articles, etc, have Iowa State and Iowa ranked. Depending on the one, you can find either or higher than the other. I've seen Iowa State as high as 15 and as low as NR. I've seen Iowa as high as 16 and as low as NR.

Yeah i know, to many unknowns for both team to get a good read. All we know is the defenses will be good.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Enlighten me Garfield, who is better than and and at what? I am curious

You’re a loser who goes to your chief rivals site to try to get validation. You know you are inferior

And that would be at life there skippy.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
With that success the coordinators will soon start to get more attention, and they will leave for an opportunity. ISU and Iowa fan bases are loyal to a fault most of the time. And minimal suspensions have happened at both places recently so i am not sure what you mean there.... unless it was not a dig at iowa and pointing out a good culture for ISU, with which i agree.

Heacock turned down Notre Dame last year

Reactions: Statefan10

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Iowa State doesn't really have that many unknowns

Secondary, rb, wr, are certainly unknown for breakout players sake. Those were your stars last year. Eisworth is good, but who steps in by him is important.