Give me your most unpopular take about Iowa State

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The Ames campus town are sucks. It's a shell of what it used to be and I feel sorry for today's students.

Was in Madison, WI over the weekend. Yeah ISU's campus town is a dingleberry on the tail of dog. There street system is a freaking nightmare compared to Ames though!!

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yeah.

Kids too busy with their screens and trying to do well in school/get good jobs to go and drink and try to hook up with each other like they used to do.

It's a damn shame.

That does have a lot to do with it but the decline of Campus Town started several years ago. The buildup of West Ames has a lot to do with it too. Prior to Uber it was damn near impossible to get from Welch to West Ames without a DD or walking.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
i don't give two ***** about Iowa State not having baseball. It doesn't really matter and people who are up in arms about it are just looking for something to complain about.

Any 'excitement' around college baseball must just be really dedicated fans as a culture and it's just not a thing in Iowa in general.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Was in Madison, WI over the weekend. Yeah ISU's campus town is a dingleberry on the tail of dog. There street system is a freaking nightmare compared to Ames though!!

I lived in CR for a few years back in the day so I spent a lot if time in Iowa City with friends and the Ped Mall is such a good setup.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
That does have a lot to do with it but the decline of Campus Town started several years ago. The buildup of West Ames has a lot to do with it too. Prior to Uber it was damn near impossible to get from Welch to West Ames without a DD or walking.

Drunk bus wasn't an option to west Ames?

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
The only area's where ISU excels academically is the Ag College and Veterinarian College. Every other study area is below average.

• Disagree
Reactions: Frak

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Kudos to the OP as I've been wanting to type this out loud for years.

There is no better song to suck the excitement/energy out of a stadium then The Bells of Iowa State. I want to shoot myself every time I hear it.

Change the name to The Cowbells of Iowa State. People will see it in a whole new light.

Attachments

• Cowbell.JPG
    Cowbell.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Winner
Reactions: intrepid27

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
1 unpopular and 1 unknown.

-Veishea needed to go and stay gone
-Psychology department needs to increase the rigor/standards of their undergrad program.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Believe it or not I actually like the sport. Wrestled myself in school, used to do radio play by play for high school wrestling, have attended the NCAA championship tournament on multiple occasions.
I think it's a great sport. I just a realist about it, and it's place in the hierarchy of collegiate athletics.

Are you a realist about Softball, M&W golf, M&W T&F, M&W CC, Swimming/Diving, and Soccer to the point of having to bash them at all opportunites? Because that's how you come across about wrestling. Taking every opportunity to bash the program. It gets old.

Nobody is arguing that it deserves top billing. Literally nobody. The realistic place for it at ISU is 3rd or 4th. The argument for placing it 3rd ahead of WBB would be that we are much more likely to be contending for team trophies/national championships in wrestling than WBB and the fan support being similar.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Our "fight song" is weak. We can barely clap to it in rhythm.
That's not the fight song's fault.

8AM classes were actually the best ones. Easy A because no one showed up for pop quizzes.
I wouldn't know.

I never really understood how Hoiberg was that good looking. Ok features and whatever but damn you all are thirsty.
If you insult Matt Thomas' abs you're in big trouble.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Drunk bus wasn't an option to west Ames?

Couldn't tell you. I was at Iowa State prior to everything being built out there. I'm sure it was an option but just relaying what I was told by people who ave lived out there.