Give me your most unpopular take about Iowa State

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Believe it or not I actually like the sport. Wrestled myself in school, used to do radio play by play for high school wrestling, have attended the NCAA championship tournament on multiple occasions.
I think it's a great sport. I just a realist about it, and it's place in the hierarchy of collegiate athletics.
Fair. But anyone who doesn’t at least place wrestling 4th in that hierarchy (behind WBB) is lying to themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: mdk2isu

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
There are two that matter.
1. FB
2. MBB

In the words of Metallica, and another else matters...
Matters to you... whether you like it or not a significant percentage of the population in Iowa love wrestling. And that percentage is growing.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This is the most Iowan answer ever.

“Don’t mind that the food sucks! It’s cheap!!!”

My goodness

Well 1st the food doesn't suck. You can take a family there everyone can get what they want because the menu is fairly large, the service is pretty good for as busy as it is, and it doesn't break the bank to go there.

If you prefer to eat at $50-100 a person dinners go to all the high end places you want, Des Moines has a few options that will cover that for you. Ames has a couple that will cover that for you also if you throw your booze bill in on it. To each their own.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Tip Top is gross. Condemn that ****.

tenor.gif

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The vast majority of our fans are the worst. I couldn't assemble a bigger group of nerds and virgins with less people skills if my life depended on it. Throw in the grouchy small town old people and it's really bad.

This is why I go to exactly one football and men's bb game a year and as many road games as I can.

Unpopular enough?

You've got this website pretty well pegged, but that's not what our traveling fanbase (or gameday at JTS) looks like, IMO.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
i don't give two ***** about Iowa State not having baseball. It doesn't really matter and people who are up in arms about it are just looking for something to complain about.
I love baseball and I agree. If they did bring it back, the program would be sooo bad. Cap Tim wouldn’t cut it either.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Football at Iowa State costs way to much Money for a family. With Parking, The tickets, Food. It's out of control.

Hilton is a great venue but needs a ton of work done to it.

Jamie Pollard has made more bad hires than good hires.

For the record. Love Jamie Pollard and he is perfect for our University.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Kudos to the OP as I've been wanting to type this out loud for years.

There is no better song to suck the excitement/energy out of a stadium then The Bells of Iowa State. I want to shoot myself every time I hear it.
Oh God yes. You could play the Bells of Iowa State at the funeral of a war hero, and the soldier's grieving mother would be like "Hey, let's not go overboard"

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The Ames campus town are sucks. It's a shell of what it used to be and I feel sorry for today's students.

Yeah.

Kids too busy with their screens and trying to do well in school/get good jobs to go and drink and try to hook up with each other like they used to do.

It's a damn shame.

• Funny
Reactions: BigCyFan

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
i don't give two ***** about Iowa State not having baseball. It doesn't really matter and people who are up in arms about it are just looking for something to complain about.

College Baseball in the Midwest is damn near irrelevant. I find it comical the number of "Iowa Baseball fans" that have somewhat jumped on the wagon the last few years.