Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa lost out on a top priority TE to Nebraska. Not sure why he was a priority but he was.

Also there is this

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Iowa lost out on a top priority TE to Nebraska. Not sure why he was a priority but he was.

Also there is this

Not a surprise. Kid is redshirting, and then saw what our TE situation is after this year and knew he had no chance of seeing the field. Would've been nice depth for us, but smart move. Good for him.

ANF

May 6, 2019
I'm sure Iowa is pushing the playing time angle but not sure how you could turn down an offer from Veidt and Campbell

I believe Campbell is a great coach, but you do realize Iowa has a better history of sending players to the pros? So what makes you believe a player would choose Campbell over Ferentz. Ferentz has a longer resume and more respect nationally. Campbell really has not proved anything to this point. He has work to do in order to be on Ferentz's level. Iowa State has work to do in order to be on Iowa's level as a football program. I like that Iowa State is trending in the right direction (it makes the game between Iowa and Iowa State relevant), but two seasons of going 8-5 is not anything to brag about.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I believe Campbell is a great coach, but you do realize Iowa has a better history of sending players to the pros? So what makes you believe a player would choose Campbell over Ferentz. Ferentz has a longer resume and more respect nationally. Campbell really has not proved anything to this point. He has work to do in order to be on Ferentz's level. Iowa State has work to do in order to be on Iowa's level as a football program. I like that Iowa State is trending in the right direction (it makes the game between Iowa and Iowa State relevant), but one season of going 8-5 is not anything to brag about.

Jesus Christ another retread trying to pretend he isn’t a worthless insecure piece of ****.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I believe Campbell is a great coach, but you do realize Iowa has a better history of sending players to the pros? So what makes you believe a player would choose Campbell over Ferentz. Ferentz has a longer resume and more respect nationally. Campbell really has not proved anything to this point. He has work to do in order to be on Ferentz's level. Iowa State has work to do in order to be on Iowa's level as a football program. I like that Iowa State is trending in the right direction (it makes the game between Iowa and Iowa State relevant), but one season of going 8-5 is not anything to brag about.

Here we go...

Reactions: JP4CY