Give me your most unpopular take about Iowa State

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Nope.

UConn basically had one of these going...

tumblr_mf3schRIMU1rrftcdo1_400.gif

...all of that March.

We were a good team that season, but not appreciably better than any of the others from the 2011 to 2019 run (save for the 2018 hiccup) if you look into it.

The teams we beat in KC that season were not as good as we thought, too.
giphy.gif

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Congrats...it's on the same footing as women's basketball.

I will never understood the segment of “fans” that have to hate on one of, if not the most successful programs we have that is also one of the historically top programs on a national level.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Fond memories aside, Campustown is a joke compared to other college towns.

(but gradually getting better)

This seems to be a common opinion.

Counter point: Campustown is actually a lot of fun. It's smaller and nowhere near as aesthetically focused as many other college neighborhoods, but I've met very few people who spent time there and didnt have a **** load of fun.

I'd like to see it expand and progress with the growth of the university, but there's a reason you have fond memories. It was actually fun.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I will never understood the segment of “fans” that have to hate on one of, if not the most successful programs we have that is also one of the historically top programs on a national level.
Because it doesn't really matter. Look at Penn State. You can't get more dominant than they have been of late. And what has it gotten them? Some token national press when they win the championship every year? That's about it. Last time I did the research a couple years ago, their wrestling program was still losing money. It's an afterthought. A nice "...and don't forget about wrestling!" for fans to bring up when discussing the state of athletics at the school. If that's the pinnacle of achievement in the sport, today, it's not worth putting a lot of time, money, or effort into, imho.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
This seems to be a common opinion.

Counter point: Campustown is actually a lot of fun. It's smaller and nowhere near as aesthetically focused as many other college neighborhoods, but I've met very few people who spent time there and didnt have a **** load of fun.

I'd like to see it expand and progress with the growth of the university, but there's a reason you have fond memories. It was actually fun.

No doubt, it was a blast in college.

From the perspective of an outsider though, I could see how they could perceive it as a dump with not many options for dining, bars, etc.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I no longer care about Royce White. I wish him success, but the trials and tribulations of his career are pretty tedious at this point.

You have 13 agrees and zero of anything else. Great unpopular take.