Isaiah Moss Transferring

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Average game score with Doke...

= 86.33

Average game score without Doke...

= 83.59

Season average...

= 84.27

He has some case they were better with him -- obviously.

For comparison, however, UVA's average game score was 95.11. TTU was 89.79.

They would have been incrementally better with him, but the idea he catapults them into the level of national elites with their weak guard play is pretty fanciful.

He probably could have helped them steal the extra game or two they needed to keep the Big 12 streak going, but I do not think he helps much beyond that.
Um, you're using stats wrong. It doesn't really work like that.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Um, you're using stats wrong. It doesn't really work like that.

It pains me but I have to agree with Tucows on this one. Can someone pull up -

1) # of cars financed/semester
2) Average of cash payments from Adidas
3) # of non-consensual female visitors to dorm room/weekend

Then we can get a true idea of his fit into KU basketball.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
When he committed to Arkansas, it looked like Hampton was headed to KU. Now that the spot is open, he wants it. Much better than playing for a bad Arkansas team. If KU adds Moss and Jalen Wilson, they could be close to preseason #1.
If KU had Grimes and Dedric Lawson back to this coming years team and landed RJ Hampton, they would be in contention as a top 3 team in the nation... Just adding a freshman in Jalen Wilson and a guy like Isaiah Moss does not all of a sudden make them the best team in the nation.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I expect Moss to have a solid year but if he's the impact type of guy KU is depending on, they'll be disappointed. He doesn't move the needle any more than the guards they had last year.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm surprised Kansas didn't just go after CJ Fredrick. He's better and younger than Moss.

hilarity.gif

• Funny
Reactions: CloneGuy8

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I expect Moss to have a solid year but if he's the impact type of guy KU is depending on, they'll be disappointed. He doesn't move the needle any more than the guards they had last year.
Idk about that but we'll see. He could be pretty valuable in a limited role if that's all they need is a shooter with Dok and De Sousa coming back with Dotson as well. I feel bad for KU they took a year off in landing McD AA in a dirty manner.

Reactions: heitclone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Idk about that but we'll see. He could be pretty valuable in a limited role if that's all they need is a shooter with Dok and De Sousa coming back with Dotson as well. I feel bad for KU they took a year off in landing McD AA in a dirty manner.

IMO Moss fills a HUGE hole for KU. I think he will thrive under Self especially now that he is out of the "now go draw a foul" system....

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
IMO Moss fills a HUGE hole for KU. I think he will thrive under Self especially now that he is out of the "now go draw a foul" system....

He is definitely the shooter/spacer they have been missing.

He is just not particularly well-rounded or good at defense.

KU already has a lot of guards who are bad defenders and/or not well-rounded.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I want him to do well, just not against Iowa State. It would be especially hilarious if he'd have a great season, while Iowa did poorly, and then Iowa fans get mad at Fran for letting Moss walk while playing his kid significant minutes.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
hope moss' flabby physique can survive that ku bootcamp or whatever they call it.

actually this is a good signing for both sides. moss can certainly get hot from time to time and with the bigs at KU he'll have his chances to bomb away.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Backing your Moss impact point is Rob Dauster.

@RobDauster Updated the preseason top 25 due to some recent developments. I didn't move Kansas at all with Isaiah Moss committing. His shooting helps, but I still think their biggest issue is figuring out what to do that the four.
https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/06/10/college-basketball-2019-2020-preseason-top-25/

I can see KU fans seeing the raw numbers Moss put up being a big impact for them but from those of us in Iowa who have seen his streaky play and weaknesses don't feel it real is that big of an improvement. It definitely fills a need Self had after losing out on Hampton and they should be happy getting him just not a game changer.

Reactions: heitclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Backing your Moss impact point is Rob Dauster.

@RobDauster Updated the preseason top 25 due to some recent developments. I didn't move Kansas at all with Isaiah Moss committing. His shooting helps, but I still think their biggest issue is figuring out what to do that the four.

I can see KU fans seeing the raw numbers Moss put up being a big impact for them but from those of us in Iowa who have seen his streaky play an weaknesses don't feel it real is that big of an improvement.
https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/06/10/college-basketball-2019-2020-preseason-top-25/

I think he'll have a some good games but IMO he's better on paper than in reality.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
KU needed a good three point shooter. Moss is a good 3 point shooter. They dont need hom to be an "impact guy" that is going to be a 1st team All Big 12 type player. We already have 2 of those in Dotson and Dok.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I want him to do well, just not against Iowa State. It would be especially hilarious if he'd have a great season, while Iowa did poorly, and then Iowa fans get mad at Fran for letting Moss walk while playing his kid significant minutes.

Same. I feel pretty confident that the bolded will happen.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10