Isaiah Moss Transferring

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
When he committed to Arkansas, it looked like Hampton was headed to KU. Now that the spot is open, he wants it. Much better than playing for a bad Arkansas team. If KU adds Moss and Jalen Wilson, they could be close to preseason #1.
Didn't you say this about last years team?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
When he committed to Arkansas, it looked like Hampton was headed to KU. Now that the spot is open, he wants it. Much better than playing for a bad Arkansas team. If KU adds Moss and Jalen Wilson, they could be close to preseason #1.

Hampton had already decided he was going overseas when Moss committed to Arkansas. He's going to Kansas because there is more playing time available

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Update

I read a thread about CJ on another board that had posts from people who at least pretend to be in the know talking like CJ owned Moss in practice. If it's true and he's a better player than Moss in practice, that means as long as he can perform with the lights on, he should be an upgrade at the 2. The fact that he played some of his best ball during the state tournament (highest pressure in high school) it's a pretty good sign he can perform under pressure. The more I read and hear about him, the more excited I get.

So they have a guy that owned a starter on the team and they redshirted him? Hmmm

• Funny
Reactions: knightxc

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
u r very stoned today
I wish. It will be experienced, talented and balanced. Would start 2 seniors, a junior, a soph and either another soph or a freshman. An elite PG, an elite center, n experienced shooter, a young talented wing and a talented PF with a huge chip on his shoulder. Michigan State is probably still #1 to me due to Windton but I don't see anyone else better than KU preseason.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Last years team was a top 5 team until Dok went down. Then the wheels fell off.
KU was actually undefeated and #1 in the nation until he sprained his ankle Dec 4th. They lost a game when he was out for that.

9-0 with Dok. 17-10 without him. They made the Final Four the last time he finished the season. If he is still playing come tourney time, I expect he will be back to the Final.Four again.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
KU was actually undefeated and #1 in the nation until he sprained his ankle Dec 4th. They lost a game when he was out for that.

9-0 with Dok. 17-10 without him. They made the Final Four the last time he finished the season. If he is still playing come tourney time, I expect he will be back to the Final.Four again.

With or without Dok last years KU's squat weren't going undefeated after December, and it was always going to be fate to end the B12 reg season title streak.
Regression by Vick after Dec was always going to happen. Grimes, Lawson and Moore not progressing to expected levels at the guard spots limited the spacing and was a fatal flaw.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Average game score with Doke...

= 86.33

Average game score without Doke...

= 83.59

Season average...

= 84.27

He has some case they were better with him -- obviously.

For comparison, however, UVA's average game score was 95.11. TTU was 89.79.

They would have been incrementally better with him, but the idea he catapults them into the level of national elites with their weak guard play is pretty fanciful.

He probably could have helped them steal the extra game or two they needed to keep the Big 12 streak going, but I do not think he helps much beyond that.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclonespiker33

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Problem is we all know he’ll go off for 30 both games against the Clones. Wish he would have stayed at Arkansas.

• Disagree
Reactions: JP4CY