MLB: ****General Discussion Thread - Baseball Season 2019****

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Dodger/Giants. Next thing you know someone will be hitting someone with a bat or something. :rolleyes:

Okay, WAY before most people here's time. :oops:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Philip Diehl making his major league debut. Rockies got him from Yankees in the trade that sent Mike Tauchman to New York.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Tonight is proving to be one of those big leads is never enough at Coors. At One point Rockies were up 11-4 and were up 6 going into the ninth. However the Padres just put up a 6 spot in the top of the 9th to tie the game at 11. Unreal.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
up 11-5 in the 9th and right now in the 12th we are down 16-11. I know it's mid June but this might be a loss that this team never recovers from.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Philip Diehl making his major league debut. Rockies got him from Yankees in the trade that sent Mike Tauchman to New York.

Two guys I had never heard of before that trade. :rolleyes:

Waiting for more Yanks to come off the IL so I can never hear of Tauchman again. They just called him up again, mo' injuries. Seems like a good AAA player.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yankee injuries seem to be finally catching up with the Yanks. They are on a big losing streak. Some decent starting, bullpen and subs stepping up (plus a weak early schedule) allowed them to weather the injuries but too many starters down and the bullpen may be getting burned out. Even Judge and Stanton back isn't going to fix that. Sabathia looks like he and his bad knee should have retired last year. Severino, the ace, hasn't thrown a pitch this year and I don't think will pitch this year. They had to use an opener twice in five days.

I'd give Chance Adams a call up. He can't do worse than Sabathia. "Just give Chance a chance!"

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
WTF, didn't see this one coming. Edwin Encarnación has been traded from the Seattle Mariners to the New York Yankees :eek:

They need a starter so I am waiting for the other shoe to drop here. Someone is getting dealt.

Curious to see what they gave up to get Edwin. Nobody on the 25 man roster apparently.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cyclone101

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Damn, Seattle just dumping salary but still eating 50% of it. BTW, the 19 year old kid the Yanks are trading is someone they acquired FROM Seattle before the 2018 season. Damn, odd stuff.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Another crazy one in Denver tonight. Machado gets tossed as does Padres manager Andy Green later in the game. Rockies again had an 11-4 lead that got cut to 11-8. Luckily the Rox added 3 more to make it 14-8 and Padres had no miracle in them tonight.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Am surprised the Giants have already taken the series against Milwaukee. SF has been playing a bit better of late. Honestly, it seems like there is a little more pep in their step since Stephen Vogt has been a regular contributor behind the plate (TWO stand-up triples yesterday).

As for Bumgarner, he gets more easily agitated these days because of that self-inflicted shoulder injury three seasons ago. He hasn't been the same since. I don't believe the Muncy incident was so much about Muncy as it was about Madbum being pissed at himself for giving up that homer (along with a LOT of others lately). When you were "Madbum" in 2014 and you're living with Madbum today, you're going to have some sort of reaction. Not making excuses, but merely an observation. Although, I do think Muncy needs a geography lesson - the "ocean" is nowhere near Oracle Park. ;)

The Giants still have the second worst NL record (5 games ahead of Miami, tied with Cincy), but currently hold the longest winning streak in the league. Yes, I know I just jinxed them. I do that all the time. :(

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Am surprised the Giants have already taken the series against Milwaukee. SF has been playing a bit better of late. Honestly, it seems like there is a little more pep in their step since Stephen Vogt has been a regular contributor behind the plate (TWO stand-up triples yesterday).

As for Bumgarner, he gets more easily agitated these days because of that self-inflicted shoulder injury three seasons ago. He hasn't been the same since. I don't believe the Muncy incident was so much about Muncy as it was about Madbum being pissed at himself for giving up that homer (along with a LOT of others lately). When you were "Madbum" in 2014 and you're living with Madbum today, you're going to have some sort of reaction. Not making excuses, but merely an observation. Although, I do think Muncy needs a geography lesson - the "ocean" is nowhere near Oracle Park. ;)

The Giants still have the second worst NL record (5 games ahead of Miami, tied with Cincy), but currently hold the longest winning streak in the league. Yes, I know I just jinxed them. I do that all the time. :(
We always seem to play to the level of our competition. We play sub .500 teams for the next 4 weeks, so lots of Brewers fans saying this is a good stretch to notch some wins, but I wouldn't be surprised if we go .500 in that stretch.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
We always seem to play to the level of our competition. We play sub .500 teams for the next 4 weeks, so lots of Brewers fans saying this is a good stretch to notch some wins, but I wouldn't be surprised if we go .500 in that stretch.
Hey, uh, any idea who is on Sunday night baseball tonight? Just curious...
;)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

A little barking back and forth ain't no big deal as long as they aren't throwing at guys. Not a yuge fan of baseball's "unwritten" rules that they just pull out to justify everything this and that. All of the "rightway" stuff is mostly ********.

Baseballs next big brawl is likely to involve Luke Voit. He gets thrown at his head more than anyone I've seen this year. He's going to go after someone.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
WTF, didn't see this one coming. Edwin Encarnación has been traded from the Seattle Mariners to the New York Yankees :eek:....
Curious to see what they gave up to get Edwin. Nobody on the 25 man roster apparently.

Steve Stone said on today's broadcast that the Yanks will now shop Maybin. Why, just don't have the room on the 25 man roster?

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Hottest team in baseball just made a nice statement win (15-1 drubbing on 19 hits) over the Philadelphia Filthies to win the series (really should have been a sweep if it wasn't for another Luke Jackson meltdown in the 9th last night) and go on to a 12-3 record in June. Their lineup is mashing the ball right now, 1-8 everyone is crushing it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron