WWE NXT TakeOver: XXV/WWE Stomping Grounds/AEW Double or Nothing Thread

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Interesting that Impact is actually making Tessa Blanchard a compelling face character (her turn came in Gail Kim's retirement match, where post-match they hugged and Gail put her over).

I don't watch much of Impact because I don't get the channel and I don't feel like trying to look it up on Twitch, but I do keep tabs on the women's division with the YouTube highlights. Impact's women's division remains one of the best things in pro wrestling.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
That is really strange. Charlotte Flair is one of the best women's talents in WWE, if not the world, and Lacey Evans, while still a little rough (yet another victim of being rushed out of developmental way too soon), clearly has enough talent to be a memorable in-ring performer - but woof. Those two do not have chemistry with one another whatsoever. Not to mention it doesn't help it was a heel vs heel segment.

But, of course, according to Vince, that match was "good ****".

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If Becky and Charlotte can't get a decent match out of Lacey Evans, who can?

Natalya of all people. They've put on some really good matches. Bayley worked really well with her as well.

As I said earlier, Lacey is suffering from being pulled out of developmental way too soon. She basically went from the first MYC to working the NXT house show circuit for a few months to being on TV a handful of times to getting called up to the main roster. She's fallen victim to Vince's "ooh look - a tall blonde with big boobs who is good on a mic. Let's make money off her!" shtick that, if she can't pick up the in-ring component while she works on the road to go with her character and mic skills that she already possesses, it'll hamper her career. Which really sucks because she shows flashes of being a special in-ring talent.

But, as much as everyone wants to put the blame on Lacey for being an inexperienced hand that's out of her element against the likes of Charlotte and Becky, both Charlotte and Becky aren't without blame here, either. While both Becky and Charlotte are considered among the best in the business and have brilliant matches on their resumes, the dirty little truth that nobody likes to talk about is neither Charlotte nor Becky are really known for elevating talent that's "beneath them" into better matches. Their best matches have been amongst their 4HW buddies or other experienced hands like Natalya, Paige, or Asuka, or even Nikki Bella. Whenever they have a match against a weaker in-ring competitor like the IIconics (especially Billie Kay) or a Dana Brooke or even a Nia Jax, it comes off as "off", and everyone is quick to excuse Charlotte and Becky for that and point the finger at the lesser talent. And yet people like Sasha Banks and Bayley can elevate the same people to a better match.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Moxley vs Juice Robinson for the IWGP US Championship.
Full match. We'll see how long the video stays on YouTube.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Word is that Alexa Bliss and Natalya are going to Saudi for Friday.

Next step in the 'Women's Revolution' that Steph can talk about non-stop?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
That might have been the best promo of Goldberg's career (sans jock strap line).

I was just going to say....Taker and Goldberg both with just awesome promos. They know how to do it. Hope the younger guys on the roster pay close attention to the vets. Taker is an old man and doesn't really have much left wrestling anymore, but he still sells the "part" to a tee.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Seth retained against Corbin obviously, but hit finisher after the match. Brock comes out with chair and Heyman trips going through ropes and Seth uses that to low blow Brock, then used the chair to wear out Brock and finished by stomping Brock's head into the MITB briefcase.

Demon Balor retained IC belt.

Shane beats Reigns after a Claymore kick from McIntyre.