Oliver Martin Derangement Syndrome

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Okay so everybody sit then so it is FAIR. I guess that is the way of the world now. Everybody gets a trophy. Everybody is the same. How is it FAIR that a graduate can go play right away and non-graduate cannot? At least my proposal allows more to play right away if they so desire. Can't they borrow money like the rest of us kids had to?? I paid my way. But maybe kids nowadays can't even find the means to pay for 1 year???????????????????????????????

That’s obviously not the way of the world I guess.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
You mean the prototypical Iowa TEs that just signed NFL contracts for $20 million in guaranteed money?

C'mon man it was a joke. Who in their right mind thinks of Oliver Martin as a prototypical Iowa TE? I think of guys 6'4" or 6'5" like the ones in your comment. Use your brain.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I really don't remember this but if it's true I'll eat crow

I don't remember any official news reports about us being interested in Martin. Maybe there was something said in one of the pay-forums.

The first I knew about Martin was our camp. He was darn impressive. Best on the agility drills that I've ever seen in person at a camp. In the very last best-on-best under the JTS lights, Martin put a great cross-over move on the DB and Coach Hofher gave him a beautiful toss for TD. But I don't ever remember anything public about an offer or even interest in Martin by ISU.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Just a heads up to the OP, one of the nice features on this site is the ability to edit the thread title. Just in case you wanted to change it to something like 'popcorn farts' for instance.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Almost as much as you’ll miss Montgomery and Butler?

TBH I think a lot of that depends on the o-line. If our run blocking is improved we shouldn't need a David Montgomery type to gain yards. If we can be a run first offense that will completely open the passing game too. I do think we have enough weapons to replace Butler. Will we miss his ability to hit the home run? Absolutely but from an all round production standpoint the guy is replaceable.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I don't remember any official news reports about us being interested in Martin. Maybe there was something said in one of the pay-forums.

The first I knew about Martin was our camp. He was darn impressive. Best on the agility drills that I've ever seen in person at a camp. In the very last best-on-best under the JTS lights, Martin put a great cross-over move on the DB and Coach Hofher gave him a beautiful toss for TD. But I don't ever remember anything public about an offer or even interest in Martin by ISU.

So he was super impressive at the ISU camp, wanted by a lot of other P5 schools including blue bloods, but Campbell didn't want him? LOL

• Dumb
Reactions: Bigman38