Oliver Martin Enters Transfer Portal

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017

Former 4 star wide receiver from Iowa City West is now in the transfer portal.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So he hasn't graduated yet, right?

So why would he give up getting a degree from Michigan and go someplace else when you know darn well you're never going to be playing in the NFL? Unless he ends up at a Notre Dame, a Northwestern, a Stanford, etc.

I kinda hope he goes to Iowa because I've never really believed he was that good. He might be better than anyone else Iowa has, but that isn't saying much.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
If Campbell wants him, hopefully we can get him. If not, I hope he ends up at a place like Oregon

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
What a disappointing career he has had. Immensely talented. Anyone who saw him play at West would tell you he has enough talent to come in here (Iowa St) and compete or even start right away.

• Dislike
  • Useful
Reactions: jmb and RedDog

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
What a disappointing career he has had. Immensely talented. Anyone who saw him play at West would tell you he has enough talent to come in here (Iowa St) and compete or even start right away.

That's the risk you take when you are the 4th highest WR recruit in your own recruiting class. Michigan was stacked that year w the #12, 116, 138 WR commits along w Martin (181) and another in the 400s.

Certainly doesnt mean he isnt any good or lacks talent like some on here are saying. I think he would make a great possession receiver - he made every tough catch ever thrown to him throughout HS and was the strongest player on the team in multiple powerlifts.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Wouldn't hate rolling out this kind of talent on offense in Fall of 2021:

QB - Purdy (Senior)
RB - Hall (Junior)
RB - Brock (Junior)
TE - Kolar (Senior)
WR - Scates (Junior)
WR - Milton (Senior)
WR - Martin (Senior)

With or without Martin...damn gonna be fun!

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Not a very nice post.
Oliver is a winner....he just is on the wrong team at Michigan. Great young man.
Ok.

Yes. He is part of a great family. No need to disparage the kid.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
From what I'm reading this is all just an unsubstantiated rumor from a wanna-be, Michigan style Randy Pete. Also, the Michigan receivers coach said he was the starting X at Mich with 3 years to play. Have no idea what's going on but doesn't seem to be problems in the Martin world.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron