All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Outside of Epenesa. Who from Iowa would start for Iowa State in The Professor's 3-3-5 stack defense?

The only name I think I like is Matt Hankins opposite Anthony Johnson because I prefer taller corners. But the coaching staff was glowing about Datrone Young before he got banged up

It would be Epenesa and 10 Cyclones obviously.

• Funny
Reactions: ANF

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Interesting. I run into Hawk fans all the time I’m Florida...never cyclone fans.

Weird

Either you need to get higher strength glasses, quit trying to be like Vodka Sam, have your driver's license revoked, or quit the bathroom stall shenanigans. Only you can find the strength to stop.

I hope and pray that you get the help you need.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
  • Disagree
Reactions: ANF and dexterhawk

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

RB - Hall could be really good but I prefer the proven commodity for now which is Sargent. When he became the primary back the last two games of the regular season he rushed for almost 300 yards. It's tough to speculate how much playing time Hall will see as a true freshman since there are other more experienced players on your roster that may get more carries.
That is some serious cherry picking of your stats for Sargent since he also was the RB who had the most carries in the bowl game as well where he had 7 carries for -3 yards.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Kind of like the elite rushing defenses that Shawker chose to cherry pick: Nebraska who was tied at 96th with UTEP and Illinois who at 121st was just behind Coastal Carolina and Ball State.

Even Iowa fans know they don't have a good RB on their roster

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Updated

QB: Purdy
RB: Hall
WR: Pettway
WR: Milton
WR: Jones
TE: Kolar
OL: Jackson
OL: JGJ
OL; Newell
OL: Knipfel
OL: Wirfs

DL: Bailey
DL: Lima
DL: Uwazarike
DL: Epenesa
LB: McDonald
LB: Rose
LB: Spears
DB: Hankins
DB: Eisworth
DB: Stone
DB: Johnson

Not sure on special teams

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Updated

OL; Newell

I would have made it all Cyclones, don't know why you even put any Hawks on it to tell you the truth.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would have made it all Cyclones, don't know why you even put any Hawks on it to tell you the truth.

I'd love to hear what you disagree with. QB, WRs and Jackson/Wirfs/Knipfel are all locks. DL is locked in and 2 of the 3 LBs. Both safeties are locks too

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'd love to hear what you disagree with. QB, WRs and Jackson/Wirfs are all locks. DL is locked in and 2 of the 3 LBs. Both safeties are locks too
Yeah there are a couple positions that an Iowa fan might dispute but other than that this looks accurate.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah there are a couple positions that an Iowa fan might dispute but other than that this looks accurate.

RB is wide open but Iowa can't run the ball under Brian. Kolar was all conference last year. You have to have Eisworth and Johnson in the secondary IMO

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
RB is wide open but Iowa can't run the ball under Brian. Kolar was all conference last year. You have to have Eisworth and Johnson in the secondary IMO

Was Kolar player #15 in a 10 team league's all conference team?

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Updated

OL; Newell

Based off proven production, RB is all Iowa. You have absolutely nothing returning that is proven. Sargent had a similar ypc to Montgomery and similar touchdown production. If you’re going to go off historical program development you have to give TE to Iowa.

OL for ISU was not good last year. Iowa had issues with run blocking but excelled in pass protection. I’d put Banwart in at guard or center. He’s played both.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Based off proven production, RB is all Iowa. You have absolutely nothing returning that is proven. Sargent had a similar ypc to Montgomery and similar touchdown production. If you’re going to go off historical program development you have to give TE to Iowa.

OL for ISU was not good last year. Iowa had issues with run blocking but excelled in pass protection. I’d put Banwart in at guard or center. He’s played both.

Iowa hasn't been able to run the ball under Brian with NFL OL and TEs blocking for them

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron