Cy Hawk Rivalry

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Gosh darn it; they should end it so we can replace with a mid-major Directional to improve our chances at making a 6-6 Bowl....bbbbuwhahhahahahhaha. BEAT IOWA !!!

• Agree
Reactions: dualthreat

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Biggest event in the state each year. True long-term hard-core rivalry. Two big time conferences. Lots going for it.

If both are perennially good teams, it would garner national attention.

Plus all the attention for the Iowa Caucuses and presidential candidates. The TV networks are already here anyway.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Biggest event in the state each year. True long-term hard-core rivalry. Two big time conferences. Lots going for it.

Plus all the attention for the Iowa Caucuses and presidential candidates. The TV networks are already here anyway.

It’s a big game but hard core rivalry is reserved for the bad blood game. Auburn Alabama. Texas Oklahoma. Michigan Ohio State. Those are hard core rivalries. It lacks the history of those other games. If it was late reply in the year it would be Oregon Oregon State. Washington Washington State. Big game in Iowa and no where else.

Cy94

Nov 11, 2011
It’s a big game but hard core rivalry is reserved for the bad blood game. Auburn Alabama. Texas Oklahoma. Michigan Ohio State. Those are hard core rivalries. It lacks the history of those other games. If it was late reply in the year it would be Oregon Oregon State. Washington Washington State. Big game in Iowa and no where else.

Does No where else equal parts of Scottsdale?

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Exactly. It's our biggest game, against our biggest rival.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Exactly. It's our biggest game, against our biggest rival.

Not necessarily our biggest game, but the biggest event in the state. The Texas game late in the season will be a much bigger game with more at stake in terms of college football. The in-state rivalry game is just that, an in-state rivalry event.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
Not necessarily our biggest game, but the biggest event in the state. The Texas game late in the season will be a much bigger game with more at stake in terms of college football. The in-state rivalry game is just that, an in-state rivalry event.

Agreed. Both teams are playing 9 game conference schedules, both have 10 games against P5 teams with this game included.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Its the perfect game for both schools, since we are in different conferences, the game does not affect conference play and finishes. Its early in the year, with nice weather, its a game that each school can bus to relatively easily along with the fans of each team.

For me its the best tailgate of the year, eating and drinking with friends and relatives of both sides. What more could we ask for? Its like FSU and Florida, we hate Iowa, Iowa hates us. But in the end, the game matters less, because we are friends. We want to win to talk crap, and if we do not, they earned the right to do it to us. That is what makes it a RIVALERY.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If they don't want to play us, fine. If I never see another hok in Jack Trice Stadium, that's ok with me. I haven't seen a Husker there in a long time, and haven't missed them either. Bring on 'Bama!
Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you can find a squawk hat, shirt or jacket in Jack Trice on pretty much every game day.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you can find a squawk hat, shirt or jacket in Jack Trice on pretty much every game day.
I saw about 10 Hawk fans together in the Power and Light district in KC during the Big 12 Tournament. Asked why they didn't go to the B10 Tournament and they said they didn't want to make the trek (for obvious reasons). Sweet victory it was watching them get blown out in the second round and then us beat K-State a day later.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Its the perfect game for both schools, since we are in different conferences, the game does not affect conference play and finishes. Its early in the year, with nice weather, its a game that each school can bus to relatively easily along with the fans of each team.

For me its the best tailgate of the year, eating and drinking with friends and relatives of both sides. What more could we ask for? Its like FSU and Florida, we hate Iowa, Iowa hates us. But in the end, the game matters less, because we are friends. We want to win to talk crap, and if we do not, they earned the right to do it to us. That is what makes it a RIVALERY.

Spot on.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Bigger than State Fair or RAGBRAI?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron