Sydney Milani leaving ISU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

One of the best Iowa Hs preps ever.

she’s got to be getting close to a full ride at ISU. She’d get better coaching at an SEC school but pay a lot more $

Curious to see where she ends up

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
source.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I had no idea who she was. If she did have Olympic aspirations she would be a superstar with her looks.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I don't watch track/field transfers, is this common? Similar reasons to other sports?

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Obviously she was a phenomenal HS athlete! I felt she just had the build of a track athlete that was going to peak early due to physical characteristics. There is no doubt she is a hard worker! But her build just seems to have a bit too much mass for her to continue to improve in her events. For her sake I hope I am wrong but I worry for her that her best days in her sport are in her past.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I was talking to a guy at work a month or so ago whose daughter knows her pretty well. He said if they ever tested her for ped' s she would be finished.

Yep. That is why her times fell off from High School to college. Let's be clear. She went from a nobody her Junior season to the fastest prep in Iowa History her senior season. There was a reason a lot of schools didn't come after her. Her body transformed from girly to Linebacker in the course of a short time.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I would assume loosing the #1 Iowa High School track athlete is not a good thing??

She was always a weird fit at ISU and ISU losing coaches late didn’t help.

She could go to like UNI or Drake and just dominate the MVC or she could go to the SEC and receive way better coaching, facilities and schedule and compete for a team championship at the right school.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Yep. That is why her times fell off from High School to college. Let's be clear. She went from a nobody her Junior season to the fastest prep in Iowa History her senior season. There was a reason a lot of schools didn't come after her. Her body transformed from girly to Linebacker in the course of a short time.

Do you know the “real” reason she was a “nobody” before her senior season, or just speculating?

Reactions: IASTATE07

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia

A nobody as a junior??? 4th fastest time in all classes in the 200 that year and the 2nd fastest time in the 400...