ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
So basically, this is how it works.

Once the paperwork is submitted to the NCAA, schools/players find out the results in almost exactly three weeks. As of last night, the paperwork had not been submitted but I'm guessing it will be today or tomorrow. Bolton had to make his decision first.

For those asking about the basis of the waiver, I simply don't have all of the details. I've heard that it has to do with the issues with the Penn State coaching staff and other players last season but again, nobody has really commented publicly on this.

My guess though is that we'll know in 3-4 weeks but definitely by the end of June. There seems to be a lot of confidence that he will be eligible next season though.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Is the confidence shared by both Bolton and the coaching staff? It seems like that must have been a big part of his decision, as well as Iowa State’s decision to pursue him.

This kid appears to be worth the risk either way, and I'm guessing that the staff went after him with that in mind. I'm guessing that they feel like he has a good shot, but may have taken him anyway.

Bigtrain

Aug 29, 2017
So basically, this is how it works.

Once the paperwork is submitted to the NCAA, schools/players find out the results in almost exactly three weeks. As of last night, the paperwork had not been submitted but I'm guessing it will be today or tomorrow. Bolton had to make his decision first.

For those asking about the basis of the waiver, I simply don't have all of the details. I've heard that it has to do with the issues with the Penn State coaching staff and other players last season but again, nobody has really commented publicly on this.

My guess though is that we'll know in 3-4 weeks but definitely by the end of June. There seems to be a lot of confidence that he will be eligible next season though.

I know everyone is excited about having Bolton on the floor this year, but the thought of having a kid like this sit a year and mature physically and mentally, under the guidance of a remarkable leader of young men in CSP, and then having three years to play, is very attractive. I'm good either way, but I feel like we're going to get solid contributions from the other guys on the roster and think an extra year of tutelage could make a huge difference. In any event, I'm very excited for a solid Spring recruiting season for CSP and staff. Can't wait to see these guys reap the rewards of their decision and hard work in Ames.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Prohm said they were going after an immediately eligible transfer with our final scholarship. He’s confident he will get the waiver.

If it doesn’t go in his favor, it’s still a good pickup and a chance for some of the other young talented guys to step up.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Prohm said they were going after an immediately eligible transfer with our final scholarship. He’s confident he will get the waiver.

If it doesn’t go in his favor, it’s still a good pickup and a chance for some of the other young talented guys to step up.

I would guess that Prohm must think he has a good case to get the waiver, but at this point it is like double secret probation.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I tend to agree. ISU has a pretty bad record in terms of the NCAA granting any allowances that would let a guy play.
ISU?
aMZWWvA_460s.jpg

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I tend to agree. ISU has a pretty bad record in terms of the NCAA granting any allowances that would let a guy play.

It's about as reliable as when news of scandals come out from blue bloods and it's 'they're really gonna get it now' and the only thing we hear is some directional D II school gets shut down entirely because a player bought a shirt at Target.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Spelling checks out. I’ll take that as a good sign.

They threw us a bone to tide us over for the next decade is more like it.

Naz and his medical redshirt went just fine, too.

That was a pretty cut-and-dried case, though, nothing requiring the judgement that it is going to require for a more general "hardship" as with Kempt and soon with Bolton.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Naz and his medical redshirt went just fine, too.

That was a pretty cut-and-dried case, though, nothing requiring the judgement that it is going to require for a more general "hardship" as with Kempt and soon with Bolton.

Hardship seems like it leaves a lot of discretion. The medical ones are pretty formulaic.

Sighclone44

Aug 18, 2012
Would anybody else be able to confirm this? It was posted elsewhere that the basis for the waiver is tied to non innappropriate physical contact by penn State coaches with players during basketball activities.