Wonder if LW gets to play in the G-league "combine?"

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Did not know Matt Thomas recently had surgery.

Valencia, 10 May. 2019. - Valencia Basket player Matt Thomas has been operated this morning to perform a surgical drainage of an important encapsulated hematoma in his right quadriceps.
The operation took place at the IMED Valencia hospital and was carried out by Dr. Ignacio Muñoz , head of the medical services at Valencia Basket.
Yeah, he took a shot in the leg in practice and they said he had a hematoma. He'll end up missing the last 4-5 games of the season.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Lindell entered the season as the starter. He got hurt, we were winning without him. Don’t fix what isn’t broken. He played well off the bench(obviously, 6th man of the year). McGee was starter quality, he came off the bench. Dion Waiters came off the bench for Syracuse and still got drafted #3. James Harden came off the bench for OKC. Sometimes it’s about who is on the court at the end, and not the start.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
He was the 6th man last year, was it still an injury issue or just not talented enough to start. If injury, it might get better, la k of talent best improved with sitting a year and a new coach. The latter might be best for him and definitely is for ISU basketball.
Sixth, seventh, or eighth man last year, doesn't matter. If Lindell comes back, he's the best player on the team. The best possible scenario, for Iowa St, is if he came back.

I don't think it's worth arguing, because it's likely not happening, but it does annoy me when some are trying to justify not having him back, as a good thing. It's like TOE fans constantly saying "addition by subtraction" for every good player they have graduate or leave.

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Sixth, seventh, or eighth man last year, doesn't matter. If Lindell comes back, he's the best player on the team. The best possible scenario, for Iowa St, is if he came back.

I don't think it's worth arguing, because it's likely not happening, but it does annoy me when some are trying to justify not having him back, as a good thing. It's like TOE fans constantly saying "addition by subtraction" for every good player they have graduate or leave.

It is very annoying. I did not see LW as selfish at all last year, or as any type of cancer on the team. IMHO, THT fills that bill. I think LW tried very hard to be a team player. He definitely has some great god given athletic talent, but it needs to be channeled and coached in the right direction. He is not as great a one v one player as he thinks he is. He is not as great a ball handler or finisher at the rim as he thinks he is, but he is Damn good at most everything and could get better at most everything if he came back.

Goofyguy1

Feb 18, 2017

No argument, he hurt more than helped last year.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Both older guys, but I'm surprised to see Ethan Happ and Marial Shayok at #105 and #107.
Wow - Ethan Happ has some of the best footwork of any post player I've seen and is a great ball-handler. Sure, his FTs are terrible but I always assumed he'd be drafted. I guess that's why I don't make those decisions for a living. I hope both of them make it in the NBA (as well as LW).

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I believe Ethan Happ is potentially the best ever college player who'll never play a minute in the NBA. There was a podcast about that a while back. Kid has range of 4 feet and scored 2,000 pts in college.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think everyone knows that it would be best for ISU and for LW's chances at playing in the NBA some day if LW comes back for one more year. That's a no brainer.

However, coming back to school might be the last thing LW wants to do at this point, so he's not going to take the best route possible and go the hard way. Maybe he's just done with the whole college scene of studying, etc. I can understand that completely. But I think deep down he knows that coming back to ISU and being our best player and putting up big numbers would be his best route for getting into the NBA.

Reactions: isu83

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I've never seen LW in a mock but I did see Shayok yesterday!

"Mock" you say?

635989006066366638-dmrdc5-5c0eg2e29wp1er8lo7az-original.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: GetAwesome

Help Support Us

Become a patron