NOTABLE: For the first time in history, ISU in Athlon top 25

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Mr. Pollard and the fanbase gets a little bit of the credit here. Good hires, and solid fan support provide the opportunity for success. It's interesting to note that Uncle Randy wrote a piece today that compares Big 12 athletic department revenues and we are dead last, yet one of the top athletic programs overall.

Keep buying tickets, going to bowl games and donating to the Cyclone Club.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Mr. Pollard and the fanbase gets a little bit of the credit here. Good hires, and solid fan support provide the opportunity for success. It's interesting to note that Uncle Randy wrote a piece today that compares Big 12 athletic department revenues and we are dead last, yet one of the top athletic programs overall.

Keep buying tickets, going to bowl games and donating to the Cyclone Club.

Of course he did

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Leafing through that magazine, I believe it listed ISU as having the best D-line and Linebacker groups in the conference (and I think it had ISU #3 at D-back). I doubt that has ever happened before either.

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
Leafing through that magazine, I believe it listed ISU as having the best D-line and Linebacker groups in the conference (and I think it had ISU #3 at D-back). I doubt that has ever happened before either.

It wouldn't surprise me if ISU had the #1 linebackers back when Klein, Knott, and George were playing, but doubt it on the d-line and CB. Always seem to have one good player in a positional group, but never the entire group.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Yes. Although they went away with the Big 12 magazine this year. I think the SEC is the only specific conference mag they published. Really sucks but a sign of the times unfortunately.

As crazy as this sounds, we are likely to be even better than Athlon thinks:
  • Uwazurike seems to have been largely left out of the analysis.
  • They didn't include CW's edit about La'Michael Pettway.
  • They rank us way too low at RB, probably because of lack of starts.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Got my copy at the West HyVee in Ames yesterday. Although I miss the Big 12 focused issue and cover, Athlon is still my favorite preseason magazine by far.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Clearly this means nothing in the big scheme of things but for the sake of context, I'd label it as significant because the national media is really catching on....

After being back in Iowa last week, in the big scheme of things locally, I saw an increased level of nervousness amongst the tavern hok crowd. The anti-ISU comments for a team "they don't worry about" were telling.
Campbell and the Cyclones are coming and they know it.

• Winner
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron