Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You and me both, but I believe CyTwins started this tradition.

Mashup is the one to blame, claiming that a double digit win was a blow-out. Wish those troll re-treads would stop. Tired of checking in during lunch and from 8-12, 7 pages of peeing matches basically are created.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Pretty sure you started the whole double digit win blowout thing. At least the first that I remember seeing it.

I think I ran with it after a Hawkeye troll started it. I got a bunch of you guys all riled up calling the Wisconsin game a blowout last year after some Iowa trolls said the ISU game was a blowout

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Mashup is the one to blame, claiming that a double digit win was a blow-out. Wish those troll re-treads would stop. Tired of checking in during lunch and from 8-12, 7 pages of peeing matches basically are created.
FWIW a 13-3 win for Iowa and in the Big 10 is indeed a blow out.

• Funny
Reactions: heitclone

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I think I ran with it after a Hawkeye troll started it. I got a bunch of you guys all riled up calling the Wisconsin game a blowout last year after some Iowa trolls said the ISU game was a blowout

I'm fine with whatever you want to call it. A W is a W in my book. Don't really care how it comes about.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Looks like Ferentz has the same rule as Fleck

I get what he's saying, but when you have kids committing 10+ months before they sign and lots of new offers roll in, why wouldn't you encourage kids to take visits? I'm guessing that's a big reason why he's had three kids decommit within the last couple of weeks. They've gotten more attention and want to see what else is out there. I'm glad that Campbell takes the approach that he does.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I get what he's saying, but when you have kids committing 10+ months before they sign and lots of new offers roll in, why wouldn't you encourage kids to take visits? I'm guessing that's a big reason why he's had three kids decommit within the last couple of weeks. They've gotten more attention and want to see what else is out there. I'm glad that Campbell takes the approach that he does.

A coach like him NEEDS this though, kids eventually see through his snake oil act or at the very least, will see that anyone can give them that same runaround. He wants them indoctrinated with the "row the boat" mentality, outside noise can harm that. Most cult leaders use the same tactics.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I think Kirk is a good coach. Not great and not bad but underachieves a little with his NFL talent and Iowa's money.

But Fleck, that is one used car salesman hype man coach. I just don't care for him.

How much NFL talent is Iowa recruiting before they get to Iowa?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
A coach like him NEEDS this though, kids eventually see through his snake oil act or at the very least, will see that anyone can give them that same runaround. He wants them indoctrinated with the "row the boat" mentality, outside noise can harm that. Most cult leaders use the same tactics.

You're right. He does need "total control" because of his BS high-pressure scheme. And that's why he's always going to have early commits flip. To me, it seems like he's only making his job harder.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone