ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I remember reading this case in law school:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stambovsky_v._Ackley

The Court basically found that since the prior owner had advertised the house as being haunted it was, for legal purposes, considered haunted and they had to disclose it on their seller disclosure.

That could get tricky down the line. What if it was noted the first time or two and then forgotten and resold again? I guess it just comes down to the old if you know something disclose that thing.

TOFB4ISU

Nov 6, 2010
The QC
The murder house two doors down from us had little trouble selling at market value a while ago.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The content of this thread hits a little to close to home for me. I taught 5 years in the Harmony district 5 or 6 years after the murders occurred. To say it was still fresh in the community would be an understatement. Many of the people I worked with had taught, coached and were friends with the family. I taught and coached the killers oldest daughter while I was there.

Harmony is a very rural district, and the father was a very good business man. In a small community everyone know everyone else very well, that includes their kids. The estate at the time of killing was valued at over 3 million dollars. The granddaughter,the niece of the slain ended up with half of that money. Thinking back, she was a very sweet and innocent gal, her father was no longer with her and her mom when he killed his family. But the girl spent a lot of time at her grandparents house as a young girl.

From what I could gather, the parents were tired of their sons drug usage and had told him that they would no longer be giving him any more money until he stopped the drugs. I was told it was the mom that was the parent really pushing the idea, that is why he disfigured her body after shooting her.

Whenever anyone talked about the 3 girls they said they were all very pretty, talented, atheletic girls and their parents were involved in all their activities at the school. They said the boy was always different, from his siblings, and was in trouble throughout school.

May he rot in hell, after he spends the rest of his life in prison.

Last edited:

CyJam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Denver, CO
Not a murder house, but our 1890 Victorian was a brothel in the 1940's. The strange sounds aren't much different than a murder house.

• Funny
Reactions: pulse

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
So I talked to friends of mine last that are from the area. Apparently they used to baby sit all of the kids. My friends dad is a sheriff in that area and was the second one on the scene. Said it's by far the worst thing hes ever seen. When I was talking to them last night, she said it really weird having known the guy and having been so close to him and the whole family. Not sure how I would even react to something like that if I was in their shoes.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I remember reading this case in law school:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stambovsky_v._Ackley

The Court basically found that since the prior owner had advertised the house as being haunted it was, for legal purposes, considered haunted and they had to disclose it on their seller disclosure.
My contracts professor had us read that case right around Halloween. It was definitely a fun case to read with all of the ghost puns

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
So I talked to friends of mine last that are from the area. Apparently they used to baby sit all of the kids. My friends dad is a sheriff in that area and was the second one on the scene. Said it's by far the worst thing hes ever seen. When I was talking to them last night, she said it really weird having known the guy and having been so close to him and the whole family. Not sure how I would even react to something like that if I was in their shoes.

Your friend would not happen to have a daughter named Hanni, does he?

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
I got kinda hooked on STM this spring.

If you like it at all, check out Episode 60 - Phillips, OK. Incredible white trash story.
So now I am hooked on this podcast.....I am going to have to listen to the Philips OK episode again just to keep up on all the crazy.