Iowa Football Recruiting

JSS

Apr 16, 2019
I knew Frost was the coach at UCF. I hate Nebraska and you will too if they become a rival someday but I will admit Frost is the best coach in the West
Yup. Matt Campbell did a heck of a job at Tulsa prior to coming to Iowa State.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You already have Frost ahead of Fitzgerald, Brohm, Ferentz, and Chryst. I understand he might end up ahead of those guys, but lets pump the brakes a little.

It's either him or Fitzgerald yeah. Lol on the Ferentz thing. Didn't two separate national media sources came out with their coaches rankings and Frost was ahead of Ferentz in both?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Isn't Ferentz a two time National Coach of the Year and a four time Big 10 coach of the year?

Ferentz used to be a good coach. I don't think anyone is denying that but all of those awards came from 10-20 years ago besides the Fake ID season

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ferentz used to be a good coach. I don't think anyone is denying that but all of those awards came from 10-20 years ago besides the Fake ID season
I think they all glossed over the CBS link from the previous page.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Can you tell me if those awards are by the 1958 FWAA trophy? And where is that trophy located?

Ferentz won the FWAA Coach of the Year in 2015 along with Bobby Dodd and Walter Camp awards that same year. Pretty sure it is in the Football Practice Facility.

JSS

Apr 16, 2019
Yeah his colleagues think he's one of the most overrated coaches in the country. Lol yikes
LMAO What a worthless article. Doesn't say how many they polled. Just that they talked to one-fifth of the 129 active coaches. So IF all of them answered the question (I doubt it), three said KF. They also said that KF got votes for most underrated coach. The fact that you even referred to that poll further enhances my previous point about you.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
LMAO What a worthless article. Doesn't say how many they polled. Just that they talked to one-fifth of the 129 active coaches. So IF all of them answered the question (I doubt it), three said KF. They also said that KF got votes for most underrated coach. The fact that you even referred to that poll further enhances my previous point about you.

If you'd rather have Ferentz instead of Frost you're a moron. Simple as that Buddy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ferentz won the FWAA Coach of the Year in 2015 along with Bobby Dodd and Walter Camp awards that same year. Pretty sure it is in the Football Practice Facility.
You boast about showing a recruit a trophy and don't know where it is? Any pictures of it?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron