Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
There are people that actually think Iowa State would have FOR SURE won last year if the game before hadn't gotten cancelled. Tell me more about fairy tale land..

There are people that actually think Iowa State's first game being cancelled didn't effect the Iowa game. Tell me more about fairy tale land...

JSS

Apr 16, 2019
There are people that actually think Iowa State's first game being cancelled didn't effect the Iowa game. Tell me more about fairy tale land...
I mean everything has an effect on the game. Doesn't mean it favored one team or the other. I know your stance on this btw. No need to rehash.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
There are people that actually think Iowa State would have FOR SURE won last year if the game before hadn't gotten cancelled. Tell me more about fairy tale land..
There are 122k Hoks living in Levi Thompson's fairy tale land.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I mean everything has an effect on the game. Doesn't mean it favored one team or the other. I know your stance on this btw. No need to rehash.

You don't think ISU losing it's first game hurt them? Lol what? Your on coach says you show the most improvement from week one to week two

Reactions: Statefan10

JSS

Apr 16, 2019
You don't think ISU losing it's first game hurt them? Lol what? Your on coach says you show the most improvement from week one to week two
It did hurt ISU. It also hurt Iowa not being able to see film... "offseason yada yada yada".. We get it.

JSS

Apr 16, 2019
It certainly hurt ISU more. I'm not sure how you could even argue that
I just told you how. We don't know for sure who it effected more. ISU could have had a major injury. Heck, they could have lost the game. No body knows for sure either way.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I just told you how. We don't know for sure who it effected more. ISU could have had a major injury. Heck, they could have lost the game. No body knows for sure either way.

Actually anyone who understands football knows who it effected more. Your own coach said teams improve the most from week 1 to week 2. You could argue Iowa still would have won if ISU played their first game but you can't argue ISU was handicapped going into that game

JSS

Apr 16, 2019
Actually anyone who understands football knows who it effected more. Your own coach said teams improve the most from week 1 to week 2. You could argue Iowa still would have won if ISU played their first game but you can't argue ISU was handicapped going into that game
You cannot prove that it effected one team more than the other. It's your biased opinion. I'm not saying it did effect one team more than the other... You're so ingrained with your theories that you believe them as facts.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You cannot prove that it effected one team more than the other. It's your biased opinion. I'm not saying it did effect one team more than the other... You're so ingrained with your theories that you believe them as facts.

If you want to disagree with me, common sense and Kirk Ferentz you go for it Buddy

JSS

Apr 16, 2019
If you want to disagree with me, common sense and Kirk Ferentz you go for it Buddy
I can agree with your statement and know that it doesn't prove anything 100%. Let's say Montgomery and Butler had season ending injuries during that game. That would have hurt you guys MUCH more than not playing the game at all. Agreed?

• Creative

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

A hawk fan accusing us of this, let alone this troll?

Yowza!!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I can agree with your statement and know that it doesn't prove anything 100%. Let's say Montgomery and Butler had season ending injuries during that game. That would have hurt you guys MUCH more than not playing the game at all. Agreed?

If Stanley got hurt the first game that would have helped you but it didn't happen so not sure why we are talking hypothetical situations here

JSS

Apr 16, 2019
If Stanley got hurt the first game that would have helped you but it didn't happen so not sure why we are talking hypothetical situations here
Because you're using the hypothetical that IF ISU played the entire game, it would have changed the outcome of the Iowa game. ISU didn't play the entire game. Stop using hypotheticals. Suck it up and take your double-digit loss like a man.

• Disagree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Because you're using the hypothetical that IF ISU played the entire game, it would have changed the outcome of the Iowa game. ISU didn't play the entire game. Stop using hypotheticals. Suck it up and take your double-digit loss like a man.

I'm not saying that at all though. Here is what I said:

You could argue Iowa still would have won if ISU played their first game but you can't argue ISU was handicapped going into that game

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think the one major thing that hindered Iowa in that game was not being able to see Iowa State's film, which is big, but I can't really think of any other. It hurt Iowa State in many different facets. Having to get all ready for the first game of the year and play hard for 5 minutes, wait around for hours, then completely shut it down hurts. Not getting reps from guys that would be seeing their first college minutes hurts, especially on the o-line. It for sure hurt both sides, but likely it hurt Iowa State a bit more.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron