Tyreke Evans booted from the NBA

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
For those that don’t watch a good amount of basketball, Evans is a solid player.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
2 years is steep. Why not treat it like drug court and try to help the guy get his s*** together.
Maybe the have and someone can set the record straight

Reactions: Doc

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
2 years is steep. Why not treat it like drug court and try to help the guy get his s*** together.
Maybe the have and someone can set the record straight

Agree that it seems steep, but it’s collectively bargained, so the players had some say in that. Worth noting that 1) cocaine cause a LOT of problems for the NBA in the 80’s, and 2) no suspensions for pot until the THIRD failed test, which costs 5 games.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
dude was standing on a street corner in the rain in his NBA warm up, 30 minutes before tip, waiting for his dealer to arrive. That is a whole new level of problem. Not saying Tyreke doesn't have some issues he needs to straighten out, but Herren's story is just wild.
Definitely different situations. Herren only lasted a couple years in the NBA and didn't do much while there but went on to play another 5 years overseas while still on heroin. Tyreke has been way more successful but most likely isn't a full on heroin junkie. I just had to mention Chris Herren because his story is something everybody should hear. Inspiring to see somebody get to such a low point in their life, manage to pull out of it, and go on to use their story to help others. A lot of people don't survive living the kind of life he was living let alone get themselves together enough to start a foundation that saves lives.

Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Definitely different situations. Herren only lasted a couple years in the NBA and didn't do much while there but went on to play another 5 years overseas while still on heroin. Tyreke has been way more successful but most likely isn't a full on heroin junkie. I just had to mention Chris Herren because his story is something everybody should hear. Inspiring to see somebody get to such a low point in their life, manage to pull out of it, and go on to use their story to help others. A lot of people don't survive living the kind of life he was living let alone get themselves together enough to start a foundation that saves lives.
totally agree. I was meaning to agree with you, everyone should hear that Herren story if they haven't. It is very powerful in a lot of ways

Reactions: HitItHard58

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He hid it pretty well. He wasn't great with the Pacers by any means last season. But he was generally OK; pretty inconsistent but there are plenty of players around the league who fit that description.

I do wonder if word was out about him around the league and that's why there was limited interest in him at the trade deadline in 17-18 when he was playing really well for a bad Memphis team and then limited interest in him again in free agency last summer when Indy got him on the relative cheap.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I had never heard of him before either, just listened to him talk to the Memphis basketball team. What a crazy story of what happened in his life, thankfully for him and his family he was able to get through that.

• Agree
Reactions: HitItHard58

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron