Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JSS

Apr 16, 2019
Being the most talented team in the state doesn't mean we should run the table in the Big 12. This isn't the Big Ten West we're talking about here
Has CMC ever beat the B1G as a head coach? I know he won vs. the Big12 at his last stop.

Reactions: dexterhawk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Has CMC ever beat the B1G as a head coach? I know he won vs. the Big12 at his last stop.

Not sure. At Iowa State he's only played Big Ten teams in the opposing teams Super Bowl so that's not really a good thing to judge him on IMO

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Many of the current Iowa fans, grew up during the 15 years streak where the Squawks kicked out ass pretty much every year. They then began to think it was their god given right to therefore always beat ISU, and when that did not happen it was because of some outside influence.

What they are forgetting is ISU football for many of those years was a basket case, and the university really did not care. It also helped Iowa that the Big 10 during much of the 80's and early 90's was pretty bad. NW, Wisconsin, Purdue, and others were horrible during those years, and Ohio St. and Mich. were average much of the time, just like Texas has been the past 5 years.

So when Freerents lost to ISU his first 4 years, it was because Fry had let the program go downhill, and he was just getting started. Those same fans do not want to give that excuse to Campbell and Iowa State.

For a long time, the Iowa game was the most important game on the schedule, my thinking was if we are going to suck, lets at least beat Iowa, so we have that to give them crap about. That has now changed for many of us, the Iowa game is important, but its no longer the most important game on the schedule and has not been the past couple of years. I want to win it because it allows me to give them grief, not because they are some super team or the ISU superbowl.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: iahawks and ATCy

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Many of the current Iowa fans, grew up during the 15 years streak where the Squawks kicked out ass pretty much every year. They then began to think it was their god given right to therefore always beat ISU, and when that did not happen it was because of some outside influence.

What they are forgetting is ISU football for many of those years was a basket case, and the university really did not care. It also helped Iowa that the Big 10 during much of the 80's and early 90's was pretty bad. NW, Wisconsin, Purdue, and others were horrible during those years, and Ohio St. and Mich. were average much of the time, just like Texas has been the past 5 years.

So when Freerents lost to ISU his first 4 years, it was because Fry had let the program go downhill, and he was just getting started. Those same fans do not want to give that excuse to Campbell and Iowa State.

For a long time, the Iowa game was the most important game on the schedule, my thinking was if we are going to suck, lets at least beat Iowa, so we have that to give them crap about. That has no changed for many of us, the Iowa game is important, but its no longer the most important game on the schedule and has not been the past couple of years. I want to win it because it allows me to give them grief, not because they are some super team.
giphy.gif