Friday OT: Rock & Gown

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
For the whole year: Bryan Adams "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You"
At graduation time: Mariah Carey "I Don't Wanna Cry"

I can admit to owning the single for the first, and the full LP for the second. The first was "our song" for one of my relationships that year. lol
You missed the good Bryan Adams music. You were left with the wedding song Bryan Adams music.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I looked at @jcyclonee's post and pictured him looking like this around graduation time:
images
I wish. Instead, I had the dumb hair-parted-down-the-middle look that everybody had at that time.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
That is one of the vixen's all-time favorite songs. If it's playing, we have to dance to it.
At the wedding we recently attended, our first dance song came on while my wife was in the bathroom. I sent my nephew and his extremely extroverted and loud husband to stand outside the women's room and yell into the doorway to get her out so we could dance.

Reactions: SCyclone

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
You missed the good Bryan Adams music. You were left with the wedding song Bryan Adams music.
When I think Bryan Adams, I think songs like "Summer of 69," "Cuts Like A Knife," and "One Night Love Affair." You're right about the wedding music, it wasn't his best.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
So you're two years behind SCyclone & me?
1975 is the year FM began to dominate AM for pop music.

Prog rock and pretentious noodling( So Cal Laurel Canyon waah crap), along with a totally stagnant British economy, led to a backlash which gave us punk and new wave.

What has stood the test of time better, "hey, ho,.. let's go" or Dan Fogleberg?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I saw Edgar Winter in St. Paul in 1974, also REO Speedwagon, Bachman-Turner Overdrive (first US concert appearance), Climax Blues Band, and Brian Auger's Oblivion Express. All 5 bands, 7+ hours music, for $6.00.

Those were the days.
I saw Alice Cooper for like $6:50 at Vets round about 1977 or 78. If I see him again a beer will most likely cost more than $6.50

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Prog rock and pretentious noodling( So Cal Laurel Canyon waah crap), along with a totally stagnant British economy, led to a backlash which gave us punk and new wave.

From one of my favorite bands:

Reactions: jcyclonee

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

1973 here.

LOVE Fogelberg! And yeah, disco and all that other stuff is why I switched to oldies stations after high school. :D

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

It's hard to say which stood the test of time better.

I recently saw Big Head Todd. His first encore was a Ramones song. He totally rocked it.