SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
tenor.gif

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Instructions and times will be sent this week or next.

Seating will begin about May 20

(Was told this by a staff person)

• Winner
Reactions: jdcyclone19

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I also received the email.

We can now look at available seats before it's our selection time.

I did this and found the seats I want to upgrade to. So if noone takes those, I would really appreciate it.
Thank You

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I also received the email.

We can now look at available seats before it's our selection time.

I did this and found the seats I want to upgrade to. So if noone takes those, I would really appreciate it.
Thank You

I tried to look, but it did not work for me. But I am in SEZ, so maybe it is not an available feature (I think they are sold out). Can any other SEZ ticketholders see what seats you can move to?

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I tried to look, but it did not work for me. But I am in SEZ, so maybe it is not an available feature (I think they are sold out). Can any other SEZ ticketholders see what seats you can move to?

I would think that because they were sold out last year, the seats wont aappear as available until someone that was in the SEZ selects a different seat. If that will even happen.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I would think that because they were sold out last year, the seats wont aappear as available until someone that was in the SEZ selects a different seat. If that will even happen.

Yea, I think you're right. I just want to get to the aisle, but if the whole SEZ is sold out, there are no dominoes to fall and start anyone moving.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Yea, I think you're right. I just want to get to the aisle, but if the whole SEZ is sold out, there are no dominoes to fall and start anyone moving.

Agreed, tough to change seats inside the SEZ. We have seats 7 and 8 and it seems our entire row comes our way when they want out to buy more alcohol. I had thought of moving more to the middle but sounds like that is not likely to be available. Oh well, just glad to have a good seat with a good view!

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Agreed, tough to change seats inside the SEZ. We have seats 7 and 8 and it seems our entire row comes our way when they want out to buy more alcohol. I had thought of moving more to the middle but sounds like that is not likely to be available. Oh well, just glad to have a good seat with a good view!

Is the view that good down there in the SEZ? Just feel you'd be watching more on the video board than the game.

A friend sits down there and he has mixed feelings on it, I think.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Is the view that good down there in the SEZ? Just feel you'd be watching more on the video board than the game.

I think you pretty much nailed it. You give up good sight line for access to indoor warmth when cold and alcohol sales.

My father is elderly and it is nice for him to be able to stay inside when weather is very cold. Overall, I am satisfied.

Reactions: ZB4CY

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I think you pretty much nailed it. You give up good sight line for access to indoor warmth when cold and alcohol sales.

My father is elderly and it is nice for him to be able to stay inside when weather is very cold. Overall, I am satisfied.

Generally curious, is it just the atmosphere of being able to be at the stadium, although inside the SEZ, watching the game the attractions of those SEZ tickets?

I understand in your case having an elderly parent and getting them out of the house, taking them to the game, and having that option of being inside, but why don't some just choose to watch it at home if thats the case and save the money.. especially if they don't have an elderly parent. I get the alcohol deal, but drink before? I'm not sure I'd enjoy really any of it, but I am a young and spry 28 year old!

I hear it gets pretty crowded in there and seating is obviously limited. I'd rather choose my warm house and comfy couch over that.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Generally curious, is it just the atmosphere of being able to be at the stadium, although inside the SEZ, watching the game the attractions of those SEZ tickets?

I understand in your case having an elderly parent and getting them out of the house, taking them to the game, and having that option of being inside, but why don't some just choose to watch it at home if thats the case and save the money.. especially if they don't have an elderly parent. I get the alcohol deal, but drink before? I'm not sure I'd enjoy really any of it, but I am a young and spry 28 year old!

I hear it gets pretty crowded in there and seating is obviously limited. I'd rather choose my warm house and comfy couch over that.

Believe me, I am not encouraging anyone to SEZ. It is good for some, but I can fully understand others questioning the money required and the lack of good sight line.

Been a long-time season ticket holder and have the disposable income to make it work for me. But it is not for everyone. I was excited when it opened, mainly because it represented ISU continuing to step up with "suite" type options that make our program look better (and raises more money for FB).

I have questioned myself whether it is worth it. Used to have great seats on the 30. And one of the main problems is when other family members want to come to a game, and it is super expensive to try and scalp other seats in SEZ so we can be in same general area.

Reactions: ZB4CY

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I'm usually a halftime guy - It's been a lot tougher over the last several years people are staying till the end

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha

I have always liked the end zone view. Can really see the line play, holes open up. Once you learn what to watch for, you get a good view of everything. Except when the play is down at the north end zone. But you don't want your seat to be too low in the SEZ. We are row 13 and you need to be up that high of you can't see as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron