Somebody needs to break into Walmart and Steal the Damn Surveillance Footage

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I wonder how many people get swept up in this stuff whenever they do these reviews. I wonder how they even know an item is gone without being paid for. Surely they aren't reviewing every transaction.

I'm skeptical these guys are doing this by accident but maybe they are. Who knows. Lots of public embarrassment for a $7 item.

https://www.amestrib.com/sports/201...enyi-uwazurike-charged-with-misdemeanor-theft

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I'm curious if this was on purpose or not. I know I've walked up to self check out before and sometimes catch myself placing an item down without scanning it.

An item worth $6.00 isn't worth purposely stealing, imo.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
One person watching 10 registers makes it a potential source of theft...that and it can be pretty easy to accidently forget to scan something if you have a bunch of items.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I'd like to think this wasn't purely an accident.

Given the price, makes me think this, too. Now if it was something $50+ ehhh.

But on the contrary, he only had 2 items.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Time to fess up.

I bought one honey crisp apple mixed in with 3 Red Delicious apples a couple of years ago somewhere, and without realizing it, punched in the code for the RDs so didn't pay directly for the honey crisp.

See you at the border.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm curious if this was on purpose or not. I know I've walked up to self check out before and sometimes catch myself placing an item down without scanning it.

An item worth $6.00 isn't worth purposely stealing, imo.

Right, I've even accidentally walked out of Hy-Vee before forgetting to purchase something at the lower shelf in my cart. I brought it back and apologized and paid...the cashier gave the look like "wow surprised you even came back for a 5 dollar item".

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Nice thread title....is this HokCentral?

Huh? Just a little joke at our guys suddenly getting swept up in Walmart surveillance footage, around the same time. (And wondering if more are coming.)

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Time to fess up.

I bought one honey crisp apple mixed in with 3 Red Delicious apples a couple of years ago somewhere, and without realizing it, punched in the code for the RDs so didn't pay directly for the honey crisp.

See you at the border.

Crap, is this a confessions thread now?

Last week I bought an 8 pack of gatorade at Hy Vee and it rang up as some different Gatorade product that was a few dollars cheaper at the self checkout and I decided it wasn't worth the time to sort out.

Just getting it out there before the DMR catches wind.

• Funny
Reactions: cyence and Cytown12

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Time to fess up.

See you at the border.

More concerning is why you were buying RD's at all if they had other apple varieties. :rolleyes:

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Given the price, makes me think this, too. Now if it was something $50+ ehhh.

But on the contrary, he only had 2 items.

I use the Wal-Mart, Target, and HyVee Self checkouts all the time and it's easy to miss something or not catch that an item didn't scan. I'm not saying that this is what happened here but it seems like Wal-Mart is really digging for something here.