Horton Tucker pleads guilty

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
There is a direct correlation between this incident coming to light (Feb 18) and the season going in the tank. Losing 5 of 6 after this happened. Clearly as far as the team and team chemistry was concerned this was some kind of a deal, regardless of what any of us think about it.

As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle says via his most famous character Sherlock Holmes: Coincidence? I think not! The universe is rarely that lazy.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
There is a direct correlation between this incident coming to light (Feb 18) and the season going in the tank.

The incident was reported to police on Feb 18. That doesn't mean it became known by anyone else on that date. As an earlier post indicated, online records indicate that charges were filed in May.

• Winner
Reactions: aobie and bozclone

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
This can’t be right.. Wal Mart has a policy of not prosecuting under $25.. bc they end up costing more than $25 just to pay an employee to deal with it..

I’m a defense attorney and I can tell you WalMart doesn’t have that policy in Minnesota.

• Informative
Reactions: aobie and VeloClone

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
The incident was reported to police on Feb 18. That doesn't mean it became known by anyone else on that date. As an earlier post indicated, online records indicate that charges were filed in May.

You serious Clark?

So there wasn't any problem with team chemistry in late Feb? Huh that's weird cause I swear I read about fights in practice. I was probably just dreaming that up, I am Cyco after all.

I wonder what Cam Lard would have thought about how this "make believe" situation was handled? Also I wonder how Lindell would have felt about being a 6th man behind a guy caught up in an issue like this? Ahhh it isn't worth spending time thinking about right? Since nobody in the booming Metropolis of Ames knew about it...

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You serious Clark?

So there wasn't any problem with team chemistry in late Feb? Huh that's weird cause I swear I read about fights in practice. I was probably just dreaming that up, I am Cyco after all.

I wonder what Cam Lard would have thought about how this "make believe" situation was handled? Also I wonder how Lindell would have felt about being a 6th man behind a guy caught up in an issue like this? Ahhh it isn't worth spending time thinking about right? Since nobody in the booming Metropolis of Ames knew about it...

Trying to win the prize is gonna force 67 to up his game.

• Friendly
Reactions: isu81

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I doubt theyre going to charge someone just for innocently forgetting though. Items miss getting scanned by accident, and i think theft requires intent. There would have to be something on the video showing that an item was deliberately not scanned.

I'll bet that the Walmart employee who saw this is a well known member on hawkeyenation...

• Agree
Reactions: huntt26

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I’m a defense attorney and I can tell you WalMart doesn’t have that policy in Minnesota.

“But now, in a rare display of limited permissiveness, Wal-Mart is letting thieves off the hook - at least for up to $25 worth.

According to internal documents, the company will no longer prosecute first- time thieves unless they are 18 to 65 years old and steal merchandise worth at least $25, putting the chain in line with the policies of many other retailers.”

• Funny
Reactions: cyclones500

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I assume that we’d need to go to at least the pre-Orr days to find a coach you were a fan of?
As a coach on the court, I like him. Off the court, I lost almost all respect for him. It’s not my place to go around saying what happened in a public setting like this, however, out of respect to the victim.

• Creative
Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron