RIP Tim Conway

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Love anyone that worked with Carol Burnett. Carson is still the all-time great for that old times classic comedy IMO. Gotta put Red Skelton up there too. Sad news about Tim, but even now he's still making me smile.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: mkadl and JRE1975

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Maybe some of the younger folks on here don't remember him, but he was a comic genius who could do improv with the best of them.
Two favorite skits from the Carol Burnett Show featuring Tim (and Carol, and Harvey Korman, and Vicki Lawrence):
The Dentist:

And The Elephant Story:

I grew up watching the Carol Burnett Show in its later years and then re-runs. They all were such comic legends. Didn't get better than when someone, usually Conway, broke Korman and he couldn't stop from laughing mid-skit.

EDIT: Go to the 6:10ish mark of 'The Dentist' video and keep watching to see for yourself.

Last edited:

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
OxYcdcNCh9IlAiUiEQOXcuKktmc=.gif

• Funny
Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Didn't get better than when someone, usually Conway, broke Korman and he couldn't stop from laughing mid-skit.

EDIT: Go to the 6:10ish mark of 'The Dentist' video and keep watching to see for yourself.

Korman was the king of breaking character. The only modern-day rival might be Jimmy Fallon on "SNL."

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Conway said Korman pee'd his pants, during the dentist sketch he laughed so hard.
I guess then never really rehearsed those things, so Korman had no idea what to expect
One thing that made watching Carol Burnett so much fun was because they were having so much fun doing it and it just rubbed off onto the audience.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Conway said Korman pee'd his pants, during the dentist sketch he laughed so hard.
I guess then never really rehearsed those things, so Korman had no idea what to expect

They rehearsed for every show. It's just that Conway was notorious for going off script just to see if he could get the other cast members to crack.[/QUOTE]

Is that Korman or **** Van Dyke?

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
They rehearsed for every show. It's just that Conway was notorious for going off script just to see if he could get the other cast members to crack.

Is that Korman or **** Van Dyke?[/QUOTE]
The video that was originally attached to this post is **** Van Dyke. He was a regular guest on the show. Korman was a cast member and was usually the victim of Conway's antics.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron