Isaiah Moss Transferring

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
So, legit question, let's say Moss picks KU, and goes on to be a double digit scorer for them. Not a world beater, but maybe their 3rd leading scorer and maintains his 40% from 3 pace. That doesn't seem too far fetched. How is that going to be anything short of a monstrous black mark on Fran's record? I mean, it would look really, really bad, right?

I would not be even a little surprised.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So, legit question, let's say Moss picks KU, and goes on to be a double digit scorer for them. Not a world beater, but maybe their 3rd leading scorer and maintains his 40% from 3 pace. That doesn't seem too far fetched. How is that going to be anything short of a monstrous black mark on Fran's record? I mean, it would look really, really bad, right?

I would not be even a little surprised.

This is probably exactly what happens.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Fran's cleared the deck for the Western Iowa City All-Stars.

It's like he's said, "I don't care, man, **** it, let's do this".

Very Jesus Quintana.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Yes, but I don't think it will happen. But, if it does, I don't know how else to take it.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Honestly, I thought ISU and Arkansas were stretches for Moss. Now KU and Oregon are looking at him? What am I missing? There just aren't many one-dimensional offensive/bad defensive players around anymore.

I guess his replacement is a zero dimensional offensive player. That's even rarer.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Honestly, I thought ISU and Arkansas were stretches for Moss. Now KU and Oregon are looking at him? What am I missing? There just aren't many one-dimensional offensive/bad defensive players around anymore.

I guess his replacement is a zero dimensional offensive player. That's even rarer.
I think Moss would be a solid player with a good coach.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I think Moss would be a solid player with a good coach.
I guess. Maybe as a 10-15 minute guy coming off the bench. If he had a pg that was a better passer/creator, maybe he could score more. He's just so limited and the lack of athleticism leads me to believe that it may not get much better in one year.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I guess. Maybe as a 10-15 minute guy coming off the bench. If he had a pg that was a better passer/creator, maybe he could score more. He's just so limited and the lack of athleticism leads me to believe that it may not get much better in one year.

I think you might not understand how much players regress under franny. I agree that one year might not be enough to get the stink of Iowa off him though.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I think you might not understand how much players regress under franny. I agree that one year might not be enough to get the stink of Iowa off him though.
I suppose you all are right. I mean, he can shoot sometimes and he does have pretty good size for his position.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
That sucks. I've heard Heller is a good dude and as a baseball school missing the tourney would be a pretty big blow

He is a hell of a coach and Iowa is very lucky to have him. This was supposed to be a quasi rebuilding year and then a couple of injuries happened that haven't helped either. So just being in the conversation for a regional is a huge plus this year. Heller has done a great job. Still have hope they can put together a good week and go on a run in the Big 10 Tournament yet.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk