Game of Thrones Season 8

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
She is, and its ******* stupid. Completely massive random character change they rushed on her this season. There would be ways to pull off the 'mad queen' arc, and i think they massively failed at it.

Like... id get burning the red keep. But somehow Dany gets triggered by bells and the character who the whole way along has been the breaker of chains and saving civilians left and right is now indiscriminately burning a city? Not just collateral damage but just burning fleeing people? Yeah, ok. I dont buy it whatsoever in her character.

There's a reason Emilia Clarke seemed disappointed in her interviews. They destroyed 7 seasons of her character to rush a shock twist.

100% agree. I find it interesting that as late as early in this episode that Dany is still referring to herself as the Breaker of Chains. I'm guessing when people were hoping for their chains to be broken they weren't planning on being torched with dragon fire in the process.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
That's really just bitter.

GRRM had said he wanted something bittersweet in the mold of LOTR. This is.... anything but that.

The Starks beating Dany would absolutely be bittersweet. For most of the series you wanted to see a world where they both lived happily ever after.

One of them will. One of them won’t. Bittersweet.

• Agree
Reactions: bos

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
So no Valonqar? Nothing about that could be construed to be the little brother.

Tyrion could’ve killed her, Jamie could’ve killed her, hell Euron could’ve killed her and it would’ve fulfilled the prophecy. Nope, crushed by rubble.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Still a lot to wrap up in one episode. This one was crazy and Clegane bowl was bad ass but I can't help but feel a little disappointed in Cersei's death, too easy. I really wanted Arya to take down Dany in this one to be honest.

Yeah. I agree totally with your prediction on Arya; there's a reason why there was a focus on the young girl and her mother throughout the episode, and then having Arya come upon their burnt bodies in each other's arms at the very end. And, it wouldn't even be revenge IMO; it would be justice to have Arya kill Dany for that. I hope that happens next week.

I'm also sensing a Jon vs. Grey Worm showdown in the finale as well.

I wonder if Dany would have gone full blown evil/mad this episode if Jon had just boinked her like she wanted one last time. Not really even trying to be funny with that; I really do wonder if that one last moment of rejection from a man she loves (loved?) is what really pushed her over the edge.

I'm not "disappointed" with the episode, so to speak, as I had no expectations of it going into watching it, and the "battle" (more of a rout; so much for the prowess of the Golden Company), while visually spectacular, was a bit of a letdown.

I never cease to be amazed by the acting chops of Lena Headey; she did the impossible for me this episode and made Cersei a sympathetic figure, at least compared to Dany. Just an awe-inspiring performance on her part.

• Agree
Reactions: Trice and CyJeans

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Not disappointed in her going mad, but I didn't think the way it happened worked.

I kind of figured she'd go mad and kill thousands in collateral damage when the battle is desperate, but that was just murder. I don't get the motivation.

And yeah, Arya is killing the **** out of her next week. I thought it might happen by the end of the episode tonight.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The Starks beating Dany would absolutely be bittersweet. For most of the series you wanted to see a world where they both lived happily ever after.

One of them will. One of them won’t. Bittersweet.

If its jon, you end up with a ruler that is basically Ned Stark. He'd never know when to keep his mouth shut and we can be pretty sure that within a couple years someone would have taken him out. (Almost like Ted going back to Robin in HIMYM)

If its sansa its bitterbitter to me. Because to me she's still the same ****** person she was in season 1, just with some skills. She's on the Cersei track.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Not disappointed in her going mad, but I didn't think the way it happened worked.

I kind of figured she'd go mad and kill thousands in collateral damage when the battle is desperate, but that was just murder. I don't get the motivation.

She’s mad. Like her father. There is no motivation.

• Agree
Reactions: Trice and Redman97

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So no Valonqar? Nothing about that could be construed to be the little brother.

Tyrion could’ve killed her, Jamie could’ve killed her, hell Euron could’ve killed her and it would’ve fulfilled the prophecy. Nope, crushed by rubble.

Valonqar wasn't part of the TV series. Maggy the Frog never made that prophecy on TV.

• Agree
Reactions: Trice

ISUKing

Apr 27, 2010
Ankeny, IA
You could say that Tyrion is the reason they were beneath the red keep, he told Jamie how to get her out. So indirectly he caused her death. He also helped Dany get to Kings Landing in the first place, and gave her information that pushed her further into isolation making it more likely to go mad. So in a round about way, Tyrion killed Cersei....prophecy fulfilled.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

And yeah, Arya is killing the **** out of her next week. I thought it might happen by the end of the episode tonight.

Tyrion is going to kill Dany and become the new “Queenslayer”

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
It was excellent if they had set it up better, but the Dany going mad and killing thousands doesn’t ring true to me.

I think they wanted to burn a city, and they wedged it in.

Aside from that, great episode.

I just can’t logically think why they had Dany burn the ironed throne and red keep to the ground. Now what will she rule. Aegon didn’t Rule from dragonstone for a reason, but I am sure I am overthinking it for the show.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I agree with a lot of what you say. I'm happy that Arya survived, but yeah - 5 near-death experiences?

I was just waiting for Jaime to end Cersei, and it never happened. Thanks for flushing about 3 seasons worth of character development down the toilet. And Jaime and Cersei (assumed) dying by the Red Keep collapsing on them? Wholly unsatisfying. Makes me hope Al's prediction that they're not dead is true so they can be properly dealt with next week.

The bittersweet ending is next week when Jon has to kill the second love of his life, Dany. Whether he takes the throne or passes it onto Gendry Baratheon, it's supposedly a "bittersweet feel-good" moment.

Arya will

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron