UPDATED: How should ISU honor Jack Trice more?

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Sorry I missed this. I don't have much time to internet, so it's usually easier if people email me these days.

Here it is--just another example of how you can continually honor Jack Trice in a "low-stakes" kind of way that is cheap, yet would generate more revenue vs cost with merchandise sales.

Thanks. That is indeed very cool!

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
In addition to Trice, I’d love to see this guy back at Trice someday:

0D8C82D7-0780-4F8C-A5D8-2B068A955B79.jpeg
In addition to Trice, I’d love to see this guy back at Jack Trice someday:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cycho1

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Moving the statue might be a way for the Mid American Energy to be emphasized more. Convenient solution to potentially de-emphasize Trice which we should DEFINITELY not do.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
I am thinking that we could incorporate Jack's letter prior to every football game by using the video board. Perhaps do a video montage of historical pictures, the statue, and Jack Trice Stadium showing while reading Jack's letter aloud over the audio system.

I would suggest that the audio/montage could be played just prior to sounding the sirens as a way to start hyping the crowd in the stadium. Also, it would be another signal to the folks still in the lots to shut the tailgate down and get into the stadium.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I am thinking that we could incorporate Jack's letter prior to every football game by using the video board. Perhaps do a video montage of historical pictures, the statue, and Jack Trice Stadium showing while reading Jack's letter aloud over the audio system.

Record each senior reading the whole letter, then cut it up into segments, overlaid with the bolded above. Finish it with captains staring into the camera, each one saying "I WILL."

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
One thing we know for sure. Liberals control public universities. So whatever makes the most money for them will eventually happen. Right or wrong is secondary. Liberals are all about money.

We're going to start instituting mandatory gay marriages too before games. They'll be forced, but they'll be fabulous.

On the Trice note, there is still a large display for him on the east side of the stadium. Hopefully there will be something in this new pavilion, too.

• Funny
Reactions: Cycho1

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
One thing we know for sure. Liberals control public universities. So whatever makes the most money for them will eventually happen. Right or wrong is secondary. Liberals are all about money.

Ugh...this post just reeks of slow and spotty satellite internet.

I think we should do a thing like the Bears do with the little badge on the unis.

• Funny
Reactions: werdnamanhill

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
We have a 100 year anniversary coming up. And this time we'll do it right.

View attachment 64037

tricelost4.jpg

Why does this have a snap crotch? I usually only find those things at Adam and Eve.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Ya know I was going to chime in with a hearty "disagree" but I do think we run the risk of over-playing the hand. It's an amazing story that deserves to be told but I would HATE for this to be overly cliche and cute ala Iowa waving at sick kids.

MAYBE one game a year we make it Trice appreciation. Wear retro unis, maybe read his letter, tell his story, etc... but for a predominately white school in a predominately white state to seize the racial opportunity

Why does this have a snap crotch? I usually only find those things at Adam and Eve.

Is that one of those Christian “book stores” I see around town?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
We're going to start instituting mandatory gay marriages too before games. They'll be forced, but they'll be fabulous.

On the Trice note, there is still a large display for him on the east side of the stadium. Hopefully there will be something in this new pavilion, too.

We should do a LGBTJT appreciation game offering cheap wine coolers?

• Agree
Reactions: Cyhops

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Aren’t conservatives all about money too?

• Agree
Reactions: werdnamanhill

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
My opinion is that they should have statues lining the new plaza. Start with Trice, McCarney, Davis, Amundsen. Then there are spots for additional statues down the line.

Help Support Us

Become a patron