Game of Thrones Season 8

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I was on the side of defending the writing, like they know more than us, it'll work itself out etc. But after this last episode I can't defend the writing of this season anymore. That's what I meant by final straw.
Same. I was assuming a misdirection moment like they did building the Arya/Sansa tension but I don’t see it happening here

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
What would be the point of reestablishing the night's watch? There is nothing to guard any more now that the white walkers are all gone (presumably). The wildlings are not somewhat friends with the North through Jon. There isn't anything to really watch anymore.

Maybe they'll send the Lannisters north of the wall and fill in the hole?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Rash overgeneralization of society because you're blinded by your memories of how the show used to be. Ignore the terrible writing all you want but this episode was the final straw for me.
I'm not blinded by anything. I have posted criticism of several things from this season including the writing on this board. I can still put things in perspective and enjoy the show without whining like a spoiled brat.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
How does that even happen?

Someone stabs her in the heart with dragonglass under the Weir Tree in the Godswood of Kings Landing.

But I would absolutely love if she died giving birth to a dwarf. That would be my fanfic version. Though she might be faking the pregnancy altogether

Reactions: Doc

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Someone stabs her in the heart with dragonglass under the Weir Tree in the Godswood of Kings Landing.

But I would absolutely love if she died giving birth to a dwarf. That would be my fanfic version. Though she might be faking the pregnancy altogether
I've been suspicious of her pregnancy from the get-go. But your fanfic version would be perfect karma!

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
As someone who bought and read all the books (although it's been so long ago that I can barely remember them), I can't for the life of me think of a single reason I'd buy another, if George releases one. The show has taken me in a whole different direction, and I'm not sure I'd want to invest any time in reading an alternative ending.

I think I'll be satisfied with how the show wraps up the story. Plus, I'm pissed George left us hanging.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
As someone who bought and read all the books (although it's been so long ago that I can barely remember them), I can't for the life of me think of a single reason I'd buy another, if George releases one. The show has taken me in a whole different direction, and I'm not sure I'd want to invest any time in reading an alternative ending.

I think I'll be satisfied with how the show wraps up the story. Plus, I'm pissed George left us hanging.

This is where I'm at. I'd have to start over from book one to know what was really going on again. If he does ever finish them, ha! I might reread them in 20 years when I'm retired

Reactions: NobodyBeatsCy

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

That's a shame, because in the books, Euron is a good character and the Direwolves actually matter

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
That's a shame, because in the books, Euron is a good character and the Direwolves actually matter

I don’t know Euron is pretty much the same. He’s had what 3 or 4 chapters total? Only real difference is you get to see inside his head.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

Agreed, there are many plotlines and characters which didn't make the show or were butchered that I have a high interest in seeing their resolution. Plus the show doesn't have Patchface and Strong Belwas.

Reactions: srjclone

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I don’t know Euron is pretty much the same. He’s had what 3 or 4 chapters total? Only real difference is you get to see inside his head.

No way dude. In the book he sacrifices virgins on his boats, has a bunch of mutes for crew members, hints that he could have possibly studied with the 3ER, and has a horn that is supposed to bind Dragons to him.

He is much more than just a ***** chasing pirate.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr Janny

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Agreed, there are many plotlines and characters which didn't make the show or were butchered that I have a high interest in seeing their resolution. Plus the show doesn't have Patchface and Strong Belwas.

How do you not have Strong Belwas? That part was always a shame to me.

Reactions: Sousaclone