Best Spot on ISU Campus

Detasseler

Jul 16, 2007
Campus
With gorgeous weather and the most beautiful day today, I'm thinking what is everyone's favorite spot at Iowa State to walk through, sit and study, and just enjoy the fall colors. In my opinion there is no better time of year. Football season, changing leaves, cool mornings, warm afternoons, and spectacular sunsets make this the best time to be on campus.

Personally, there is nothing better than walking through old Richardson Court under the arches seeing the golden leaves and trees or sitting in my apartment in Freddy looking west at an orange and purple sunset.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I used to live in Old RCA and the grass area between BWR, Linden, and Oak/Elm was always a popular spot. Central campus though is by far the best place if you are just looking for a spot to take in the nice day wether for study or relaxation.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
i always loved walked down osborn this time of year, with the entire street lined with trees and most of them changing to some shade of red...er, cardinal.

as for sitting, in front of the library. especailly if there was some crazy debate or protest or something in front of the hub.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Last year I did appreciate the first nice day of spring...opening the window when I got outta bed at noon and seeing girls, girls, and more girls tanning on the intramural fields at Maple-Willow-Larch...

If the girl I pegged with the baseball in the face is reading this, you shouldn't have laid down where you did!

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Living on the 7th floor of Storms my freshman year. I enjoyed the water in the toilets swaying back and forth on windy days. RIP

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'm always a fan of sitting someplace on central campus or sitting in front of the library on nice days.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
Between the parking garage and the east end of old RCA was the first place I thought of. Around the lake is nice too but I prefer spring there when the Redbuds are blossoming and the tulips in front of the Union are blooming.

Doing that currently...

But I love sitting on Central Campus and being able to surf CycloneFanatic with the campus wireless :biggrin:

I'm always a fan of sitting someplace on central campus or sitting in front of the library on nice days.
I have to agree with ALL of these.

I love my life now... but days like this make me pine for my first couple of years in college... even if it was just for one more day.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Living on the 7th floor of Storms my freshman year. I enjoyed the water in the toilets swaying back and forth on windy days. RIP

LOL! That is no joke either, they really swayed up on the 10th floor. I lived on 1st floor Storms in my Towers days so I had to see it before I actually believed it the first time I heard about this.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
There is one particular tree on central campus that I liked. It has a nice thick branch that is pretty much horizontal and is easy to sit on. It is about 10 8 fet off the ground, and nice to sit on and read.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I have to second the Old RCA memories. I started out at Towers for the first couple months of my freshman year and moved there. It is really nice walking to the Union, or north of Oak-Elm.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I used to live in Old RCA and the grass area between BWR, Linden, and Oak/Elm was always a popular spot. Central campus though is by far the best place if you are just looking for a spot to take in the nice day wether for study or relaxation.

Best place in the world to play snow football at midnight - except you've gotta watch out for landing neck-first onto those chain fences (saw that one happen - he was fine, but it scared the crap out of all of us).

Best place to take a nap - the leather couch in the Friley Den

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Sitting on the Curtiss steps and people watching.

Detasseler

Jul 16, 2007
Campus
I also particularly like the 4 or 5 trees that are around the flag pole on central campus. Their changing leaves always stand out during October and they are a nice place to sit in the shade during August.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Definately the tiers in the library...never get caught in there...oh wait, were talking outdoors, well then gotta be central campus on a nice summer day where we are blessed to have the clouds open up and give us one more day of sun and skirt season

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron