All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
He is talking about Iowa City.
giphy.gif

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Is there anything on mine you specifically disagree with?
I think one could make solid arguments for both sides at most positions. But again, it's May, and nobody really knows how things are going to shake out yet.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think one could make solid arguments for both sides at most positions. But again, it's May, and nobody really knows how things are going to shake out yet.

I disagree. I think a lot of them are pretty set in stone

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I disagree. I think a lot of them are pretty set in stone

I'm not going to argue with you but since you asked I will tell you where I personally disagreed. I am genuinely trying to be objective which is why I won't argue with you beyond telling you my thoughts.

RB - Hall could be really good but I prefer the proven commodity for now which is Sargent. When he became the primary back the last two games of the regular season he rushed for almost 300 yards. It's tough to speculate how much playing time Hall will see as a true freshman since there are other more experienced players on your roster that may get more carries.

TE - I will take Wieting or Beyer, both unproven, over Kolar, also unproven, based on Iowa's history with the position. Iowa uses the TE a lot more. They coach up their TE's very well. I'd be shocked if Kolar ends up with better stats than Wieting/Beyer, whichever one ends up being the primary TE.

WR - Give me Smith or ISM over Pettway. Pettway's stats weren't that much better than Smith's or ISM's despite Pettway being the #1 option in the passing game for Arkansas and ISM/Smith being the #3 and #4 options for Iowa.

DL - Mostly agree but I like Golston more than anyone not named Epenesa and Bailey. Gholston is going to be a stud.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm not going to argue with you but since you asked I will tell you where I personally disagreed. I am genuinely trying to be objective which is why I won't argue with you beyond telling you my thoughts.

RB - Hall could be really good but I prefer the proven commodity for now which is Sargent. When he became the primary back the last two games of the regular season he rushed for almost 300 yards. It's tough to speculate how much playing time Hall will see as a true freshman since there are other more experienced players on your roster that may get more carries.

TE - I will take Wieting or Beyer, both unproven, over Kolar, also unproven, based on Iowa's history with the position. Iowa uses the TE a lot more. They coach up their TE's very well. I'd be shocked if Kolar ends up with better stats than Wieting/Beyer, whichever one ends up being the primary TE.

WR - Give me Smith or ISM over Pettway. Pettway's stats weren't that much better than Smith's or ISM's despite Pettway being the #1 option in the passing game for Arkansas and ISM/Smith being the #3 and #4 options for Iowa.

DL - Mostly agree but I like Gholston more than anyone not named Epenesa and Bailey. Gholston is going to be a stud.

RB - The only thing Sargent has proved is he's not good. No burst whatsoever and he's small

TE - ISU has two All Conference TE's and Allen is probably the best blocking TE we've ever had

WR - Lol stop it, Pettway chose us over Auburn and Oklahoma State and was best WR on an SEC team. Pettway had way better numbers than both of them and that was with a horrible QB

DL - Didn't you make fun of me for spelling Kolar wrong? Golston, not Gholston is better than Ray LIma? Is this for real?

JSS

Apr 16, 2019

DL - Mostly agree but I like Gholston more than anyone not named Epenesa and Bailey. Gholston is going to be a stud.
Part of me wishes we wouldn’t have told Hall “no thanks”. But we already had our guy on board and weren’t sure if we’d have room for him.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

Could have a debate on a few but I don’t think I’d take Golston over Uwazurike.

Enyi is 6’6 280 and was a difference maker when healthy. The defense wasn’t nearly as good when he went down.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Agree on some, not so much on others.

QB - Stanley
RB - Sargent
RB - Young
WR - Jones
WR - Pettway
TE - Allen
OT - Jackson
OG - Meeker
C - Banwart
OG - Knipfel
OT - Wirfs
All-Purpose - Smith-Marsette

DL - Epenesa
DL - Lima
DL - Golston
DL - Bailey
LB - Rose
LB - Spears
LB - Niemann
S - Eisworth
S - Stone
CB - Hankins
CB - Oji

I think Kolar ends up being the better TE but right now would have to go with Allen.

• Funny
Reactions: Brandon and CyTwins

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Agree on some, not so much on others.

QB - Stanley
RB - Sargent
RB - Young
WR - Jones
WR - Pettway
TE - Allen
OT - Jackson
OG - Meeker
C - Banwart
OG - Knipfel
OT - Wirfs
All-Purpose - Smith-Marsette

DL - Epenesa
DL - Lima
DL - Golston
DL - Bailey
LB - Rose
LB - Spears
LB - Niemann
S - Eisworth
S - Stone
CB - Hankins
CB - Oji

I think Kolar ends up being the better TE but right now would have to go with Allen.
Pretty fair list.

Could argue a DE spot and at corner.

I also think Milton will be a better WR than Jones.

An Iowa TE will probably have the best numbers of the bunch.