2019-2020 Basketball Season

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Figured instead of jumping back and forth in the recruits threads. We can discuss here.

I hope Zion takes the big jump. I am hoping he pulls a Naz. Injury slowed him his freshman season and his sophomore season he starts showing the signs of what we thought we were gettings.

I think Lewis will make a good 7th man off the bench. Not sure his skill set is capable of every being the man but we need a guy like him to knock down big shots. Hopefully he starts showing those signs this season.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Be nice to see if Prentice Nixon is here to score 20 points a game or lead a team. A lot of times kids like him are volume scorers because the team they are on has nobody to score. So shooting percentage goes down. Hopefully he comes in and plays some team ball and raises his shooting percentage.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Be nice to see if Prentice Nixon is here to score 20 points a game or lead a team. A lot of times kids like him are volume scorers because the team they are on has nobody to score. So shooting percentage goes down. Hopefully he comes in and plays some team ball and raises his shooting percentage.
If we don't add an impact grad transfer or get Wiggs back Nixon is going to have to be able to create off the bounce.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
If the season started tomorrow:

Jacobson: 12.5 PPG
Nixon: 12.2 PPG
Haliburton: 10.8 PPG
Young: 8.2 PPG
Jackson: 6.5 PPG
Conditt: 5.5 PPG
Lewis: 5.5 PPG
Leech: 5.1 PPG
Anderson: 3.8 PPG
Griffin: 3.4 PPG

Sarters:
Nixon
Jackson
Haliburton
Jacobson
Young

6. Conditt
7. Lewis
8. Leech
9. Anderson
10. Griffin

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I think we have a lot of really nice pieces on next years. We are in need of a creator and go to scorer. Hopefully Nixon and Halliburton can fill that role. Some more shooting would also be welcome (come on down Lewis).

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If the season started tomorrow:

Jacobson: 12.5 PPG
Nixon: 12.2 PPG
Haliburton: 10.8 PPG
Young: 8.2 PPG
Jackson: 6.5 PPG
Conditt: 5.5 PPG
Lewis: 5.5 PPG
Leech: 5.1 PPG
Anderson: 3.8 PPG
Griffin: 3.4 PPG

Sarters:
Nixon
Jackson
Haliburton
Jacobson
Young

6. Conditt
7. Lewis
8. Leech
9. Anderson
10. Griffin

I don't think Griffin is that far down and def not behind Anderson. Anderson seems like a project to me quite honestly. I could be wrong and he could be a steal. However, His skill set is one that takes a little longer to get PT. I might be wrong but to start the year I would have the same starting lineup you have and then

6. Conditt
7. lewis
8 Griffin
9. Leech
10.Anderson

Then again we still have possibly Grill and some other players that will be here.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This team needs LW back in the worst way... Have we missed on every top transfer so far?

I'd like to avoid getting the scraps on the transfer market. Another Hans Brase or Jeff Beverly makes me sick to my stomach

Don't see it happening but the Tucker kid is still in play. We would not need LW back near as bad if we get him. If we don't get him I think you are absolutely right.

Reactions: cyfan92

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
This team needs LW back in the worst way... Have we missed on every top transfer so far?

I'd like to avoid getting the scraps on the transfer market. Another Hans Brase or Jeff Beverly makes me sick to my stomach

We had to take those guys out of necessity to field a team. That is not the case this year.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I don't think Griffin is that far down and def not behind Anderson. Anderson seems like a project to me quite honestly. I could be wrong and he could be a steal. However, His skill set is one that takes a little longer to get PT. I might be wrong but to start the year I would have the same starting lineup you have and then

6. Conditt
7. lewis
8 Griffin
9. Leech
10.Anderson

Then again we still have possibly Grill and some other players that will be here.
Between Lewis, Anderson, Leech and Griffin, I wouldn’t be surprised if only one of them gets playing time next year. All 4 are somewhat similar position wise.

• Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Montgomery-Magic

Oct 17, 2017
My question is where do you pick ISU to finish next season? I'm afraid it will be a rough year and we will do very well to finish middle, and qualify for the dance.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

6. Conditt
7. lewis
8 Griffin
9. Leech
10.Anderson

Idk man, he's pretty skilled, he shoots well and can handle the ball, he's essentially a "3" offensively, we don't have another big with that skill set. I wouldn't be shocked to see this as a developmental year for him but we will lack 3pt shooting and he brings that. I don't see him challenging GC, MJ or Solo forminutes in the post but I think his shooting ability gets him a chance at playing early as a stretch 4. Right now, I'd have him and Griffin as possibilities at the 4 in Prohms small lineup.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Tre Jackson's stock seemed to rise throughout his senior year in a similar fashion to Tyrese one year ago. I'm expecting him to be the biggest freshmen contributor and the one I would bet on as a very good long term piece. His shooting could be an elite skill for us. The biggest question mark will be how his athleticism translates to the Big 12 level.

Leech seems like a guy who is still getting back post injury. He's a guy who will really benefit from adding strength and continuing to regain his athleticism in year 1. His contributions are kind of a wild card/X-factor to me though in year 1. I was most impressed with his outside shooting stroke from watching film from this past year.

I don't see Luke Anderson seeing a ton of minutes assuming our front court stays healthy. I think the speed of the game will take some adjustment time for him.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
I will say this - my expectations for next year will be low, but I'm very curious to see how it shakes out. We are going to have a LOT of pieces next year that we really just don't know where they will fit, who will be playing, how we will play, etc. For example, I just don't think we have the guards to go with a 4 guard lineup. However, playing two bigs really isn't anything we've seen Prohm do here. The staff going to be flexible enough to switch basically their entire philosophy? I think they need to, because without guys who can consistently get their own shot, I think we need to go old school Frank Martin style and just try to offensive rebound 50% of the time

Were Niang and Mckay both guards how bout playing both Lard and Young at the same time? He has played 2 bigs previously and next year just sets up, as it currently looks, to possibly be in the same mold.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

IaState2021

Apr 19, 2019
I asked this in another thread and never got an answer, as of now who's playing the 3? I think Haliburton and Nixon play 1 & 2, Solo/Conditt and Jacobson will play 4 & 5.