RECRUITING: Wheeler impressed by Iowa State visit, eyes May 6 decision

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
wouldnt get too worked up here we look to be a distant 3rd

I'm not worked up at all. Never really thought we had much of a chance with Grill. Like you say, we've been a distant 3rd for quite a while now.

I was just pointing out that nobody would go to UNLV for their fan support, their atmosphere at their games, or to be seen on TV.

• Dislike
  • Funny
Reactions: CyDude16 and jmax71

ProhmDate

Aug 29, 2015
Ames
Top flight players want to go where they can play and win. So, when you have a highly talented team that underperforms, it is more difficult to recruit.

• Funny
  • Winner
Reactions: Seedman and isu83

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Its always neat to let a kid who is visiting, and is a staff priority, know what kind of people he will be playing in front of.

Very impressive

We definitely have some dickbag fans. We're ripping on a kid who may not have an offer, but is somebody Prohm and Kane identified early in the transfer process. He's nothing like Jeff Beverly.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
You definitely saw that with Shayok.

Jimlad necessary?

Sit out transfers seem to work better for this staff. Hopefully they can identify a couple of good players who are under-utlilized, under coached, or in a system where they don't fit in might be our best bet. Let them sit out and work on their game.

2020 will be a make or break year for Prohm.

• Creative
  • Funny
Reactions: isu83 and CyDude16

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I’m honestly not sure if the offseason could be going any worse.

-Lose THT
-Lose Wigginton
-Lose Lard
-Miss on Gilder
-Miss on Nadolny
-Miss on Wheeler
-Tucker is probably going to Auburn or Kansas

Almost appears as if Caleb Grill is our last hope and he’s not going to make us a tournament team.

I guess the only way it could be going worse would be if Haliburton or Jacobson also left.

I’m prepared to get a lot of hate for posting this but I’m just posting the honest truth.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
idk if he has another below .500 season it’s not going to look.

look what? The poster I quoted even said Prohm wouldn't be fired. A few posters on here keep mentioning that Steve will be on the hot seat, but that just won't be the case. At least in Pollard's eyes.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman