Isaiah Moss Transferring

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Thanks for the reminder that college baseball exists.

*Cue up hokdom with 'that's because you wouldn't know how to cheer for one since ISU has no program' but the fact is I've never met a single Hok fan that talked about Hok baseball, and I don't know a single person who discusses college baseball in general.
I dont want to deter from the thread but Iowa and ISU logistically having non club hockey seems to make more sense than baseball.
ISU's club team has performed at a high level for a long time.
The B1G has some really solid hockey.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Iowa's baseball team has been more successful than the basketball team over the last 5 years. Heller is in line for coach of the year honors with the job he's done with this team.

They just took he series against uc Irvine for their 6th straight series win, and have series wins over Indiana, Nebraska, Illinois, okie state, and uc Irvine (all solidly in the field if 64).

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Iowa's baseball team has been more successful than the basketball team over the last 5 years. Heller is in line for coach of the year honors with the job he's done with this team.

They just took he series against uc Irvine for their 6th straight series win, and have series wins over Indiana, Nebraska, Illinois, okie state, and uc Irvine (all solidly in the field if 64).

Not exactly a high bar to clear.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Hell of an accomplishment.

• Funny
Reactions: CloneGuy8

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Sounds like you watch a lot of baseball.
Screenshot-20190505-205029-Chrome.jpg

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Sounds like you watch a lot of baseball.
Screenshot-20190505-205029-Chrome.jpg

That was a major brainfart, not sure what I was thinking there. But yes, I've followed Iowa baseball since the early Jack Dahm era, when Iowa had their first winning season in like 15 years. I will say, if isu or uni still had programs, Iowa would not be seeing the success they are now.

Kyle shimp has been decent out if the bullpen this year, and his dad played baseball for isu back in the 90s I believe.

I do like that you either knew they lost that series, and wanted to prove me wrong, or you were interested enough to check in on them.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I do like that you either knew they lost that series, and wanted to prove me wrong, or you were interested enough to check in on them.
Didn't know they lost that series, don't really check on college baseball until Omaha.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I don't know, it's boring?

I wouldn't go across the street to see a game.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: GTO and VeloClone

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I don't know, it's boring?

I wouldn't go across the street to see a game.
I actually enjoy college baseball more than MLB. Not that I really care for either. Baseball is for napping or getting a suntan.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That was a major brainfart, not sure what I was thinking there. But yes, I've followed Iowa baseball since the early Jack Dahm era, when Iowa had their first winning season in like 15 years. I will say, if isu or uni still had programs, Iowa would not be seeing the success they are now.

Kyle shimp has been decent out if the bullpen this year, and his dad played baseball for isu back in the 90s I believe.

I can respect that. Iowa is definitely a baseball/wrestling school (although wrestling is trending the wrong direction for you guys) while we're a football/basketball school

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I actually enjoy college baseball more than MLB. Not that I really care for either. Baseball is for napping or getting a suntan.

There doesn't seem to be the drama queens and unwritten rules in college baseball as there is in MLB.

• Agree
Reactions: jmb and dexterhawk

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I can respect that. Iowa is definitely a baseball/wrestling school (although wrestling is trending the wrong direction for you guys) while we're a football/basketball school

You'll be pleased to know the guy who should be at IUPUI has spent his off year growing.