Fred getting killed on TWITTER

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I always wondered what happened to DeMarcus Phillips.

Some people on here had him as a starter going into that season.

Never found anything about him on the Internet again.
Wasn’t he dismissed in middle of the season for team violations? He was never going to be much of an impact anyways.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Wasn’t he dismissed in middle of the season for team violations? He was never going to be much of an impact anyways.

I thought he got hurt and fell behind and tried to leave for greener pastures.

After that, crickets.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I doubt Hoiberg knew he was about the take a final. Its not like he would know the entire final's schedule of everyone on the team. He probably schedule end of year meetings with all the players during finals week before some of them leave for break and told him then.
That doesn’t make it that much better. He’s a college basketball coach, how difficult is it to get a kid’s finals schedule. Especially kids who you know you’re going to cut. It’s possible the kid showed up unannounced or Fred tried to schedule it at a different time but the kid refused, but if it’s not something like that then it’s a **** move on fred’s part.

Sounds like every coach in college basketball to me. He's paid to win games. End of story
I don’t think people are complaining as much that he did it but when he did it. Yes, he’s there to win games but there’s also such a thing as common curtesy.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
That doesn’t make it that much better. He’s a college basketball coach, how difficult is it to get a kid’s finals schedule. Especially kids who you know you’re going to cut. It’s possible the kid showed up unannounced or Fred tried to schedule it at a different time but the kid refused, but if it’s not something like that then it’s a **** move on fred’s part.

I don’t think people are complaining as much that he did it but when he did it. Yes, he’s there to win games but there’s also such a thing as common curtesy.
I agree it's common courtesy but people are just pissed hes at Nebraska and not ISU. Let's just be real.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Who's really going to look up someone's schedule?
Probably, Fred asked if this meeting time worked. Kid said yes, because it's his coach, and now the deal is done.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If he was still coaching here you wouldn't care about this at all.

Of course not. All fans are hypocrites. Us included. But it doesn’t mean you can’t discuss things.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeahhh, this is where the recruiting/transfer situation gets a bit iffy. Like Bigman said, this happens at a lot of places and isn't abnormal, however if you are being asked to leave against your want/desire, there should be a rule in place to help those kids get to a new place and playing quicker.

Agree....and I might go as far to also say the school shouldn't be able to restrict school they could go to as well.

Reactions: srjclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is there word on why he pushed him out? Was it just skill set vs. Fred's plan?

If it was behavioral it wasn't like Fred didn't take kids with character issues.

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He has a squeaky clean class that has never ever been tarnished. Story is fake news.

TotalThoroughGelada.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Doc and isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron