Marty Tirrell arrested on fraud charges

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I think that MSN piece stated he's looking at up to 30 years. Whether or not he gets that, who knows. The fact that there's such a long history of him scamming people probably won't help him any. He certainly can't claim it was an isolated incident or out of character.

A lawyer or someone with legal experience can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's something like 5% of all pending lawsuits are resolved with a plea or some sort of deal before the trial ever starts. So maybe he just pleads guilty to all of the charges for a reduced sentence?
You've got it flipped. It's about 95%

And I doubt he'd plead guilty to all the charges. Typically you don't plead guilty to everything, just some of them

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Probably gets off, convinces some that he is completely reformed and ends up doing a show with Deace

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
How in the hell can some skumbag get that many people to give him so much money? Why would Toyota of DSM pay him that much to do his show there?

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
How in the hell can some skumbag get that many people to give him so much money? Why would Toyota of DSM pay him that much to do his show there?

I met him once when I was working at a magazine in DSM out of college. I couldn't believe how he did it, either. A couple guys I worked with knew him better than me, and though I don't believe they ever actually did business with him, they said you'd be shocked at just how good he was at getting people to buy in to whatever he was selling.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I met him once when I was working at a magazine in DSM out of college. I couldn't believe how he did it, either. A couple guys I worked with knew him better than me, and though I don't believe they ever actually did business with him, they said you'd be shocked at just how good he was at getting people to buy in to whatever he was selling.

Can’t be any better than the “Magazines for kids” gals that come through my neighborhood once in awhile.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It always amazes me how some people will work so hard to criminally con innocent people when they have abilities that would allow them to be easily successful in any number of honest occupations.

I just don't get it.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
My reaction to him from the start was that if he was this great broadcaster with ESPN connections, why was he broadcasting on a 400 watt station in Des Moines, IA?

But I actually never heard his show. My knowledge strictly comes from what people have said about him here.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
My reaction to him from the start was that if he was this great broadcaster with ESPN connections, why was he broadcasting on a 400 watt station in Des Moines, IA?

But I actually never heard his show. My knowledge strictly comes from what people have said about him here.

I realize now why I could never follow his shows. The line of content/advertising/scamming was completely blurred.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
50% of people are stupid.
And his takes weren't good. They were just hot to make the phone lines light up.
Deace is a douche, but knows college football.
Marty is a douche, that doesn't know college football.

• Agree
Reactions: isu81

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
"I don't think he ever really intended to defraud people out of so much".

You are worse then he is, letting those words come out of your mouth.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
And his takes weren't good. They were just hot to make the phone lines light up.
Deace is a douche, but knows college football.
Marty is a douche, that doesn't know college football.

Marty did have Bob Ryan on to talk all things Boston. I mean that goes over really well in central Iowa.

• Funny
Reactions: dawgpound and JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron