RECRUITING: Wheeler impressed by Iowa State visit, eyes May 6 decision

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Hope none of our recruits do it. However, I want to see some kids just say "I thought the school would be much better than it was", "The coach was kind of a jerk to me and the team underachieved last season, so it's a big no from that school". Just think it would be funny.

Glad Wheeler had a good visit. Now hopefully we can sign him up.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Is this quote from his dad or Sahvir:

“Obviously, a world-class guy. He’s a great, great guy. He cares about his family. He’s genuine. He cares about his players. He’s a great guy, a guy you want to be your coach,” Wheeler said. “If you’re looking to hire a coach, you look at Coach Prohm. You look at his core values, the way he runs the program, how his players think of him. Coach Prohm extended a couple of quotes about what his previous point guards and his previous players have said about him, all great things. You can’t ask for a better coach.”

That, by the way, was about as glowing of a review as you could hope as a fan.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Is this quote from his dad or Sahvir:

“Obviously, a world-class guy. He’s a great, great guy. He cares about his family. He’s genuine. He cares about his players. He’s a great guy, a guy you want to be your coach,” Wheeler said. “If you’re looking to hire a coach, you look at Coach Prohm. You look at his core values, the way he runs the program, how his players think of him. Coach Prohm extended a couple of quotes about what his previous point guards and his previous players have said about him, all great things. You can’t ask for a better coach.”

That, by the way, was about as glowing of a review as you could hope as a fan.

That is from Sahvir. I haven't talked to his dad. His voice really lit up when I asked him about Prohm. Could tell they've really created a good bond already.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
That is from Sahvir. I haven't talked to his dad. His voice really lit up when I asked him about Prohm. Could tell they've really created a good bond already.
Gut feeling on if he ends up in a cyclone uniform?

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
My bet would be yes. His link to Georgia was a TAMU assistant moved there. Now that assistant is the head coach at Kennesaw State. Our link is Prohm and Kennedy.
(These are my thoughts and I have no sources. I am using public media info.)

Ahh, good point. I forgot that he became HC at Kennesaw State.

• Friendly
Reactions: aauummm

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
My bet would be yes. His link to Georgia was a TAMU assistant moved there. Now that assistant is the head coach at Kennesaw State. Our link is Prohm and Kennedy.
(These are my thoughts and I have no sources. I am using public media info.)

Don't really have a point to make here but more of a side note... That assistant has had his name all over the FBI investigation today.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
11, why 11?
I tell you it's going to take more than 10 and you give me 11?
Personally I'd take that as an insult.

• Funny
Reactions: Joel1