BLOG: For the first time in a long time, Iowa Staters can care about the NFL Draft

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Care, but probably not watch. Given how ABC is promoting it by having country singers and other people on, it's going to look like a freaking awards show. Hard pass. Hope Butler goes in the first round though.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
It will be nice to get Iowa State back on the map with a few draft picks. Hopefully Peavy can hear his name get called. I think he'll stick with with whatever team gives him a chance. Be it just for special teams.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Care, but probably not watch. Given how ABC is promoting it by having country singers and other people on, it's going to look like a freaking awards show. Hard pass. Hope Butler goes in the first round though.

I'll definitely keep an eye on the picks as they come in but I won't watch any of the actual tv coverage. I know the league hypes it to death but the event itself is fairly dull. Lots of sitting around and talking.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

ABC likes to ruin pretty much everything they touch.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It will be nice to get Iowa State back on the map with a few draft picks. Hopefully Peavy can hear his name get called. I think he'll stick with with whatever team gives him a chance. Be it just for special teams.

I just hope it's the start of a trend and next spring we're talking about two or three more ISU guys going in the first few rounds.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Go get um Peavy. Go get um.

Peavy_Brian18_2.jpg

Reactions: cyfamily

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I'll definitely keep an eye on the picks as they come in but I won't watch any of the actual tv coverage. I know the league hypes it to death but the event itself is fairly dull. Lots of sitting around and talking.

I'm a lot more likely to watch this weekend, it moves so much faster after tonight.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I like that Matt Campbell is working the media to draw attention to his guys!

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I won't watch, and will likely forget about the draft until I see something in the morning about it.

Still hoping for high picks for our dudes, though.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Butler's going to slip to the 4th-5th round and DM probably won't even get drafted.

The ISU curse is real until proven otherwise. Hope like hell I'm wrong, but I'm not getting ahead of myself either.

Why in the hell would someone call this optimistic? I certainly don't want this to happen.