Possible Oregon State opponent next season—@Corvalis OR.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
The 10 year old in me looks forward to facing coach Wayne Tinkle and his son Tres Tinkle.
True Story: A million years ago in the early '80s, I went to a Texas @ LSU men's basketball game. Texas had a player named Mike Wacker, who was pretty good. Every time he scored, rebounded, fouled, etc. and the announcer said "Wacker", the LSU students yelled "Tally!". LOL. It was funny all night, as LSU beat the Longhorns.

Reactions: NWICY and heitclone

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Corvallis is a nice place...heading out to that neck of the woods the first week of June...Mackenzie River rafting and trail biking one of the top areas in the nation. Fairly inexpensive non-stop flight on Alaskan Air from Omaha to Portland too...

Moved to Corvallis from Iowa 5 years ago, love it here. A nice college town similar to Ames, but with mountains around it, ocean 40 minutes away, gorgeous vineyards, fantastic micro brews, and waterfalls.

Reactions: SpokaneCY

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Moved to Corvallis from Iowa 5 years ago, love it here. A nice college town similar to Ames, but with mountains around it, ocean 40 minutes away, gorgeous vineyards, fantastic micro brews, and waterfalls.

I've seen Corvallis listed as a "comp" for Ames. I think it was related to the debacle about the mall east of I-35 years ago. But when you describe it, they don't seem very comparable!

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I've seen Corvallis listed as a "comp" for Ames. I think it was related to the debacle about the mall east of I-35 years ago. But when you describe it, they don't seem very comparable!

The two towns are similar in the way they look (well-maintained lawns, land grand univ., etc.). The ocean and mountains are what keep me here. OSU also has a fermentation program so the beer, wine, cider, etc. are top-notch.

• Informative
Reactions: Sigmapolis

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
That’d be an awfully late announcement
I meant is that going to be the date of the game not the announcement date? Even better would be in early November around the 11/8 Oregon State home football game vs. Washington or 11/16 home football game vs. Arizona State. A football / Basketball double header trip would be a blast.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I meant is that going to be the date of the game not the announcement date? Even better would be in early November around the 11/8 Oregon State home football game vs. Washington or 11/16 home football game vs. Arizona State. A football / Basketball double header trip would be a blast.
I know, I was just being a smart ass

Reactions: mjhavlo76

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Barttorvik has Oregon State as #84 overall next season.

Expected record of 16-14 and 8-10 and good for #8 in the Pac-12.

That would put them roughly in this range...

View attachment 63776

...of teams from last season.

This will probably end up as a Q1 game. Playing a winnable game on the road is better than playing mid-major at home that is at best a Q2 game.

They will have to be better than predicted and better than last year to be a Q1 game. Q1 road games are against 1-75 NET ranked opponents. Last year OSU finished around 90 and as noted above projected around 84 for next year.

If they are this bad the following year it could be a Q3 game as Q2 home games are 31-75.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron