All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
"Slanging?"

nm-couch-pr-shot*800xx3796-2137-0-146.jpg

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Jones “leads” Smith-Marsette by 5 receiving yards despite having ~ 20 more catches. Jones is nothing more than a check down receiver, whereas ISM is a much more dynamic player and more of a downfield threat. If you would rather have the WR who has averaged 9 and 8 yards per catch the last two seasons, have at it. I’ll take the dynamic playmaker with nearly equal production and loads more upside.

Yikes

• Funny
Reactions: Brandon

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA

Thought this article was interesting. I'm a big fan of Ian Boyd, does well with his research.

My biggest question with Ferentz is that Iowa can, and should, brag about the its' pipeline to the NFL and how well those players play once they get there (Thanks James Daniels from a Bears fan), but the fact that Iowa had 2 1st round picks at TE during a STRONG draft year for TE's, it's incredible how little production came from them thru Iowa's offense. Iowa should be a top 20 team every year with the draft picks they have coming out, but they don't have much to show for it as far as a consistent record every year. (I am not comparing Iowa to ISU, as I am comparing Iowa to tOSU/Wisconsin/Michigan/Clemson who have similar draftee numbers).

Feel free to discuss, or ignore.

Last edited:

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013

Thought this article was interesting. I'm a big fan of Ian Boyd, does well with his research.

My biggest question with Ferentz is that Iowa can, and should, brag about the its' pipeline to the NFL and how well those players play once they get there (Thanks James Daniels from a Bears fan), but the fact that Iowa had 2 1st round picks at TE during a STRONG draft year for TE's, it's incredible how little production came from them thru Iowa's offense. Iowa should be a top 20 team every year with the draft picks they have coming out, but they don't have much to show for it as far as a consistent record every year. (I am not comparing Iowa to ISU, as I am Iowa to tOSU/Wisconsin/Michigan/Clemson who have similar draftee numbers).

It’s a fair critique. On one hand they’ve done a good job of developing 2 and 3 star guys into high level talent. On the other...especially last year...he doesn’t get enough out of that talent.

Don’t know what the correct answer is here quite honestly.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

My biggest question with Ferentz is that Iowa can, and should, brag about the its' pipeline to the NFL and how well those players play once they get there (Thanks James Daniels from a Bears fan), but the fact that Iowa had 2 1st round picks at TE during a STRONG draft year for TE's, it's incredible how little production came from them thru Iowa's offense. Iowa should be a top 20 team every year with the draft picks they have coming out, but they don't have much to show for it as far as a consistent record every year. (I am not comparing Iowa to ISU, as I am Iowa to tOSU/Wisconsin/Michigan/Clemson who have similar draftee numbers).

Iowa under achieved last year no doubt. A number of factors led to the 9-4 record. Inconsistent qb play, fant and kf not seeing eye to eye, some dumb turnovers against Wisconsin, secondary getting torched against Purdue, etc. Iowa should have won the west and went 10-2.

Aug 26, 2014
Iowa under achieved last year no doubt. A number of factors led to the 9-4 record. Inconsistent qb play, fant and kf not seeing eye to eye, some dumb turnovers against Wisconsin, secondary getting torched against Purdue, etc. Iowa should have won the west and went 10-2.
That tells you how bad the Big 10 West is....yikes.