Legacy Basketball Recruits

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Just thinking we missed on Harrison a few years ago. We didn't go after Jaire Grayer. Which is fine. However, Right now I know a few coming up.

We have Ben Carlson coming up who we are after pretty hard.

After that the other ones I have seen in person

Bowen Borne. Currently mid level recruit because of height. Volume scorer. Someone will get a gem with him. He is one of those kids that could make his name in the NCAA tourney. His game is similar to Stef Curry. Don't think I am saying he is that good because he is not. However, just to compare, he has long long range, hits at a good clip, quick, and can defend Ok.

The two I can't wait to see is Curtis Stinson Jr. He is probably a 7th grader right now. Can't remember. He is a stud. I have seen him several times when my kid played at Kingdom hoops. Spitting image of his dad. Even was hitting the floater in 4th grade.

Jake Sullivans Biological son. Little red head kid that can hit the 3 pointer like crazy (Imagine that). Used to play on the same team as little Curtis. Can't wait to see those two develop. Anyone know of any other legacy recruits we have out there? Doesn't Fizer have a kid that is pretty good?

Reactions: Javinegli

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Just thinking we missed on Harrison a few years ago. We didn't go after Jaire Grayer. Which is fine. However, Right now I know a few coming up.

We have Ben Carlson coming up who we are after pretty hard.

After that the other ones I have seen in person

Bowen Borne. Currently mid level recruit because of height. Volume scorer. Someone will get a gem with him. He is one of those kids that could make his name in the NCAA tourney. His game is similar to Stef Curry. Don't think I am saying he is that good because he is not. However, just to compare, he has long long range, hits at a good clip, quick, and can defend Ok.

The two I can't wait to see is Curtis Stinson Jr. He is probably a 7th grader right now. Can't remember. He is a stud. I have seen him several times when my kid played at Kingdom hoops. Spitting image of his dad. Even was hitting the floater in 4th grade.

Jake Sullivans Biological son. Little red head kid that can hit the 3 pointer like crazy (Imagine that). Used to play on the same team as little Curtis. Can't wait to see those two develop. Anyone know of any other legacy recruits we have out there? Doesn't Fizer have a kid that is pretty good?

Jaire Grayer is transferring out of George Mason. Just saw where he's visiting Arkansas soon. Seems to have a skill set/body type that we could use, but I have no idea what level he could succeed at.

• Funny
Reactions: cyguy2170

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I always thought we'd get the Hoiberg twins...

Are they worthy of D1 basketball schollarships? Honest question as I don't know. I heard and I could be horribly wrong. That they are short and that could work against them. Also, Guessing Fred will get them at Nebraska and pull a McCaffrey.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Are they worthy of D1 basketball schollarships? Honest question as I don't know. I heard and I could be horribly wrong. That they are short and that could work against them. Also, Guessing Fred will get them at Nebraska and pull a McCaffrey.

From what I have seen one of the twins is a better option than the other (I think it is Sam). They are better prospects than Jack who is the walkon at MSU but still think they are mid-major at best from the evals I have seen. One thing they have going for them is they are around 6'2', where Jack is sub 6'.

Reactions: Knownothing

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Ron Bayless’ son plays at Ankenyand is pretty good, but prob not good enough for a scholly out of HS

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
From what I have seen one of the twins is a better option than the other (I think it is Sam). They are better prospects than Jack who is the walkon at MSU but still think they are mid-major at best from the evals I have seen. One thing they have going for them is they are around 6'2', where Jack is sub 6'.

That makes me happy. Not that they are borderline. I just was nervous they would end up as the 9th and 10th ranked kids in the country and 5 star recruits and Fred coaching at Nebraska. It would totally be an Iowa State thing to happen to us.

• Agree
Reactions: casey1973

83cy

May 14, 2006
Isn't there a legacy kid in Minn who's a JR? we are hard after? Not Sullivans kid. Nevermind it's Carlson.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Ben Carlson would absolutely be an awesome get. He's a stretch 4 type that would pair well with a big inside, and he's ranked top 75 nationally.

However, there hasn't been much buzz about him. I know he's got an offer and believe has visited, but that's been awhile. Stanford has been hard after him, and on 247 they have him listed as warm to Stanford, Xavier, Purdue, Minnesota, and Iowa, but cool on Iowa St. If that means anything at all...

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Ben Carlson would absolutely be an awesome get. He's a stretch 4 type that would pair well with a big inside, and he's ranked top 75 nationally.

However, there hasn't been much buzz about him. I know he's got an offer and believe has visited, but that's been awhile. Stanford has been hard after him, and on 247 they have him listed as warm to Stanford, Xavier, Purdue, Minnesota, and Iowa, but cool on Iowa St. If that means anything at all...
I've never paid attention to the warm/cool ratings. We've gotten commits from kids who are cool on us and warm on other schools. Mainly thinking of football. But still, its a weird system that I don't think is used regularly. Never seems to make sense.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I've never paid attention to the warm/cool ratings. We've gotten commits from kids who are cool on us and warm on other schools. Mainly thinking of football. But still, its a weird system that I don't think is used regularly. Never seems to make sense.
I never have either, but it caught my eye when I was looking up his rating.